xiv. | ❝ i'm not your little girl. ❞

LOLITA.
xiv. | ❝ i'm not your little girl. ❞

 ❞

"YOU WANT any help with that, princess?"

Cassandra's chestnut-brown eyes fluttered shut as she felt the presence of his broad frame directly behind her. Her heart seemed to skip a beat when the soft fabric of his loose-fitting jogging bottoms brushed against the backs of her thighs and his warm breath tickled the nape of her neck lightly, sending multiple tremors down her spine.

"I- N-no." The auburn-haired beauty gritted her teeth, hating what he did to her. He turned her on so effortlessly - so carelessly - and she resented him for that.

Part of her wished to remain somewhat prudish; to push him away, pretend that she wasn't the least bit interested in the dark-haired deputy with the breathtakingly cocky smile and the licentious gleam in his eye. The other part, however, longed to feel him. To have his lips crushed against hers, to entangle her fingers in his rumpled curls, and to wrap her legs around his waist in the sort of embrace that she knew drove men wild.

Shane chuckled lowly, interrupting her thoughts as his trained ear picked up the faint note of desire that lingered in her tone. "You sure about that, little girl?"

It was then that Cassandra's resolution crumbled. She bit down on her lower lip, taking half a step backwards and pressing herself against him, before turning her head slightly to gaze at him from beneath her long, dark lashes. "I can handle things by myself, Shane," she murmured, noticing the way his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed, inhaling sharply through his nose when she began to speak. "And I'm not your little girl."

His eyes darkened noticeably and he immediately spun her around in his arms, grasping her wrists in his strong hands while he pinned her against the kitchen counter. His breathing was somewhat uneven as he gazed down at her, drawn to her tender, rosy lips. "Really?" he began, his voice gravelly and possessive, practically dripping with lust. "'Cause you sure act like it, darlin'."

Within moments, his lips were grazing against the side of her neck and her hands had been released from his firm grip, only to find themselves sliding beneath his t-shirt and roaming over the muscular contours of his back greedily. He flexed beneath her touch, under the impression that this wasn't real. It's just a dream, he told himself, revelling in the way she tilted her head back and let out a high-pitched moan as soon as his mouth latched itself onto her delicate skin, leaving a trail of vibrant love-bites in its wake. But the way she sounded, the way she felt, was so much better than anything his mind could ever come up with in the deep cavern of sleep.

He carefully nudged her thighs apart with his knee and pressed it against her clothed centre, knotting a hand in her dishevelled strawberry blonde curls and tugging at them vigorously as he felt her grinding against his leg, a string of breathless moans and curse-words leaving her parted lips. He squeezed his eyes shut briefly, imagining how it would feel to thrust deep inside her, with her nails scraping across his back and his hips slamming against hers, and it took all his strength not to take her right there on the kitchen counter.

Instead, he used what little self-control he had to simply leave a succession of hot, sloppy kisses leading towards her jaw, before pulling back to allow his warm gaze to snag hers, making sure that she was entirely at ease with the situation.

"Is this what you want?" he asked huskily, his fingers loosely combing through her auburn locks and brushing them behind her neck tenderly.

Her response was immediate. "Yes," she whispered, cheeks flushed and dark whorls clouded over with pure, unadulterated hunger.

With that, Shane began to lower his head, his large, calloused hands coming to rest at her upper thighs possessively. He allowed his fingertips to caress her warm, soft skin as he slowly edged his digits further towards the lacy fabric of her underwear, his heart thumping loud enough to wake the dead.

She could feel his heated breath brushing against her full, sultry lips - a sensation that left her bordering upon light-headedness - and she found herself almost grateful for this new world, where anything was possible and there was nothing that anyone could do to stop them. Because without it, she would never have met him. And even if she had, the upright confines of society certainly wouldn't have let them pursue their raging want for one another.

Just as Shane was about to kiss her, the pair were interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming to an abrupt halt just outside the kitchen, and then a low, unfamiliar voice exclaiming from the doorway; "Holy shit!"

⠀༚⠀⠀༷⠀⠀ྃ