xvii. | ❝ i love it when you say my name. ❞

LOLITA.
xvii. | ❝ i love it when you say my name. ❞

 ❞

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL VIOLENCE AHEAD.

CASSANDRA WATCHED as Shane left, nibbling her lower lip anxiously. She knew that something wasn't quite right about Tony. He seemed.... Shifty.

She waited a few long, empty minutes, before getting to her feet and raking a hand through her strawberry-blonde tresses briskly - a habit she had clearly picked up from Shane. The doe-eyed beauty grabbed her knife from where it had been sitting on the dresser beside Shane's pistol and slid it within the confines of the waistband of her short skirt, instantly heading downstairs with the intention of checking up on Shane and seeing if he required any help.

She took a short-cut through the kitchen, peering in and feeling somewhat unsurprised when she found that Dave wasn't in there like Tony had promised. This was promptly replaced with a nauseating flurry of butterflies in her gut as the realisation that her curly-haired deputy could be in immense danger dawned upon her.

Cassandra drew her knife and made for the kitchen door, which led directly onto the porch outside, but was stopped when she felt a hand grasp her wrist firmly from behind, spinning her around.

"Hey, hey, hey.... Where d'ya think you're going?" inquired Dave, a light chuckle escaping his lips as he looked down at her with a predatory glint in his eye.

The pretty redhead gritted her teeth, her chocolate-brown orbs wandering from his thick, grubby fingers that dug into her delicate flesh with enough force to leave bruises, up his muscular arm with its prominent veins and taut bicep, and finally meeting his leering gaze, a look of utter distaste contorting her pert features. "Out," she replied curtly.

"Out where?" Dave pressed, a wolfish grin curling across his lips.

"I need to find Shane. So, if you don't mind...." Cassandra tried to tug her arm away from Dave's vice-like grip, but to no avail. He simply refused to let go.

"Well, if you're gonna go see lover-boy, I don't think you'll be needing this...." Quick as a flash, Dave snatched the knife from her hand, placing it on the table and sliding it out of her reach. "But there ain't no hurry, is there?"

"Dave-" the ivory-skinned beauty began, before being cut off by a hoarse laugh that tumbled from between the man's lips as he pulled her against him and moved his mouth close to her ear.

"I love it when you say my name," he whispered, his voice low and his breath brushing against her skin in a way that sent a torrent of shivers down her spine - and not the good kind, either.

"Stop it," she snapped, struggling against him and shoving him away roughly.

Dave stumbled back slightly, his eyes widening in mild surprise as her wrist slipped from his grip and he met her burning gaze with a look of amusement mingled with mild irritation. "Hell, I told Tony you were a feisty one." He paused for effect, a sly smirk quirking at his lips. "Told him you wouldn't be easy, either."

Cassandra's stomach dropped at his words. She took half a step back, her dark eyes flickering towards her knife on the table, before quickly throwing herself across the surface and gasping as her fingers brushed against the handle, but inadvertently pushing it further out of her reach.

Dave's reaction was equally as swift as he grabbed her thighs and dragged her to the edge of the table, leaning over her fragile body beneath him and pinning her to the unvarnished wood firmly. "You're gonna regret that," he spat, trapping her wrists with one hand and allowing the other to slide beneath her borrowed crop top. "And there's no point in screaming, either.... Well, unless it's my name. 'Cause there ain't no way in hell he's gonna hear you."

The strawberry-blonde struggled against him, crying out as she felt the gentle ministrations of his palm against the soft skin of her midriff, slowly inching its way up towards her breasts. "Please-" she gasped, clutching at straws when she realised that her only option now was to beg. She couldn't fight back, she couldn't rely on Shane; she had no other choice.

Ignoring her pleas, he paused in a deliberative fashion before allowing his large, rough hand to skim back down her body and between her legs. "Look at me."

A genuine smile traced across his rugged features as she reluctantly allowed her tearful gaze to snag his, her tongue darting from between her lips and wetting them anxiously. "Please. Don't do this."

Dave took a moment to lightly stroke her crotch through the soft fabric of her underwear, before tearing them down her thighs impatiently and leaning down to murmur gruffly into her ear; "I find it real hot when you beg, y'know. Keep it up, and I might just make this good for you, too."

Cassandra tilted her head back and let out a broken, frustrated howl as she let his words sink in, finally allowing the tears to spill freely down her cheeks. She squeezed her eyes shut, her body growing limp beneath his as she listened to the sound of his belt being unbuckled and waited for the vast pain that would soon fill her up.

But it never came.

"Cassandra?" Shane shouted as he burst through the kitchen door. "Cass!"

All he could hear was white noise when he was met with the sight of the redhead's delicate form pinned to the table, trembling beneath Dave's assertive grip. Neither of them seemed to even notice him, which was just as well, because Shane didn't even need to think as he raised his gun and pulled the trigger, an unearthly yell tumbling from between his lips.

The dark-eyed deputy dropped his pistol to the ground and watched, shaking, as Dave's lifeless body slumped against Cassandra's fragile frame beneath him. He stumbled forward and pushed the corpse to the floor, before pulling the blood-splattered redhead into his arms and rubbing her back soothingly, holding her tight enough to almost suppress the vociferous sobs that racked her entire body.

"I'm sorry, princess."

⠀༚⠀⠀༷⠀⠀ྃ