Funny Business

Funny Business

Lily woke up with the sun in her eyes and Sirius Black asleep beside her, his head against her chest, face nuzzled into the softness of her breasts. She cleared her throat and tapped him on the shoulder... he stirred with a hum. "Sirius," she whispered, "Wake up."

He opened his eyes slowly, focusing on the lacey neckline of her tank top... at the thin sliver of the top of her bra he could see peeking out from under the shirt... at the curve of her... realized where his face was... and sat up quickly, eyes wide. "Oh fuck," he whispered. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just - sleeping. They were - They were soft."

Lily laughed.

"I'm still very gay. I promise."

Lily was still laughing.

"In fact, I may even be gayer now."

Lily smirked, "Relax, Sirius."

"I can't. Why are they so squishy? Isn't it weird, walking about with big squishy things hanging off you like that?"

Lily shook her head, "You have things hanging off you, too."

"Yes but it's not squishy like those are."

Lily shook her head, "And that's where we're going to call the conversation quits before this goes strange places that neither one of us are really prepared for."

Sirius smirked, "You don't want to talk about my ---"

"I see the pair of you finally woke up."

Sirius and Lily both looked up to see Vernon Dursley in the door. Lily cleared her throat and wrapped her hands over herself, covering up. Vernon was wearing one of his pairs of swimming shorts and a hawaiian-print t-shirt with a pair of sandals. He stared at the two of them, then went to get his wallet and sunglasses from the top of the dresser. "Lily, your mother has asked me to wake you lot up. We're all going to breakfast."

He didn't even address Sirius. Only Lily.

"Alright," Lily said. She looked at Sirius, whose eyebrow as raised and he gave her a look that clearly said this guy is horrible and she smiled to agree, and got out of bed, tugging at the hem of her shorts, trying to pull them down a little, embarrassed to be dressed so scantily before Vernon Dursley, then scampered out of the room, leaving Sirius to it.

Sirius sat for a moment, then rolled out of the bed and pulled open his drawer. He got his patched up jeans and selected a t-shirt, one of the ones he'd made, and set to changing.

Vernon was combing his hair, which was shaggy and layered. He didn't even look over at Sirius as he said, "I didn't tell Mrs. Evans about her sneaking in here, but if she does it again, I will."

Sirius looked up. He'd been focusing on tucking his shirt into his pant waist. "What?" he asked.

"You and Lily, sleeping together. I didn't tell on you. But I should have and if it happens again, I'll tell her." He tossed his hair once and stepped back to evaluate the work he'd done in the mirror, his fat round face sliced by a moustache that sort of lay across his lips like a fat dead caterpillar. He turned to look at Sirius again. "Mrs. Evans put us in separate rooms for a reason, and I'm sure that she would not appreciate knowing that you're being so disrespectful as to betray her trust by sneaking around and fooling around behind her back."

Sirius stared at Vernon in disbelief for a long moment, then, "Mate. You are so fucking clueless."

"I'm not," Vernon Dursley said. "I saw what was going on. Saw you with my own two eyes!"