Don't You Think He's Cute?

"Merlin's blasted buttock!" Sirius groaned loudly.

It was nine o'clock in the morning, the sunlight was coming through the boarded up window cracks and all four boys lay sprawled across the floor in various angles. It had been a long night - the storm had spooked the werewolf and it had taken a fair amount of fighting to get him calmed down yet again as a result of it. Sirius's arm bore several scratches on his left bicep and James legs were scratched. Remus was asleep still, peacefully, unscratched.

"Bloody wolf," murmured Sirius, sitting up and rubbing his arm. "Gods. I feel hungover, that's how ruddy busted up I feel right at the moment. Don't you?" he looked over at James.

James nodded.

"Fuck." Sirius lay back down.

It was with quite a lot more of this sort of groaning, moaning, and complaining that Sirius finally peeled himself from the floor of the Shack and went to change his clothes, tugging on his safety-pinned-ripped-knee jeans and his hot pink If Lost, Please Return to Remus Lupin t-shirt. He sat on the couch and tied his boots onto his feet while Peter and James changed and when they were ready, they woke Remus up and helped him through the process of changing - since his muscles were sore and even the simple act of switching out his shirt was quite arduous and painful. "Thanks for helping me, guys," he said as James slid a fresh shirt over Remus's head as he popped through the neck hole.

"Don't thank me 'til you've noticed that I've put you in unmatching socks," Sirius joked.

"What?" Remus tried to look and they all laughed at the mild panic in his voice.

Sirius smirked, "Bloody hell, Remus, they're just socks. And I'm joking, they match. I would never dream of doing such horrible things to you."

Remus laughed. "Don't make fun. It gives me actual anxiety to imagine them being mismated, thank you very much."

It was a little after ten by the time they'd completed getting ready and the first of the Hogwarts students should've been just arriving to the village so Sirius popped into being Snuffles again and they let him out the front door and waited for him to be sure the coast was clear before they snuck out of the Shack and he transformed back on the other side of the fence.

James really did end up tugging Remus onto his back and hoisting him along as Remus's knees were bothering him, and the boys were quite the sight as Sirius walked backwards before James as Remus's long legs dangled from James's hips and Peter scurried along beside them. They were among the first to the Three Broomsticks for breakfast and James ordered heaping piles of bacon and toast for them to share and they sat making plans for the day.

"Sometime around noon I s'pose we should plan on meeting up with Evans," James said, "Since Sirius went and promised her and all..."

Sirius said, "It's alright, Prongs, you and the lads can go on doing whatever we're doing at that time and I'll come and meet Evans myself instead."

James looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"If you don't want to be around her, you shouldn't have to be," Sirius explained.

"Well that's a whole other song than you were singing yesterday when you asked her," James said. "What happened to it isn't all about you Prongs?"

"I've realized what an arsehole I was being is what," Sirius replied. "You're right about not being a second thought and if that's how she's treating you then you're doing the right thing trying to get over her and personally I'm enraged by her need to treat you like dragon dung and intend to have a word with her about it over a few bottles of butterbeer."