- t h i r t y e i g h t -

So umm..*pats you on the back* yeah...
*hands you a box of tissues* you'll need this
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Please! I'm sorry okay?! I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just too stupid to realize my feelings for you earlier"

she cried, from the other side, making me halt in my position. I kept on listening to her claims "That day..when you confessed, I was overjoyed but my brother was the only obstacle keeping me from having mutual feelings."

Questions kept popping up in my mind. What was she saying?

She dropped to her knees on the stone pavement, as I saw tears drop from her cheeks and disappear onto the ground. She kept her head down as she kept on crying

"Me. The sister of the bully that tortured you. What could have possibly happened between us right? I only stood up for you that day because I knew my brother would listen to me just that once. I didn't expect us to become friends. To be honest I didn't think anything would happen. But the more time I spent with you, the more I felt this strong connection between us."

She paused for a moment wiping of her tears, as I turned around to look over to her on the other side of the road, managing to get a glimpse of her , every time a car passed in front of me.

"I didn't want to break our friendship. but in the end...that's what I ended up doing anyway" she whimpered.

"That day when you confessed, do you know how bad I just wanted to say 'I love you too'? But I knew this relationship wouldn't have worked, even if both of us had mutual feelings. I had kept secrets from you,
ones that you needed to be aware of. I just want us to be friends again, I want to you sit next to me during lunch, I want go to tuck my hair behind my ear, I want us to wipe the ice cream of each other's noses, like we used to. So please...."

She broke down in tears, hiding her face with her sweaty palms.

I glanced at her, weeping on her knees on the stone pavement of the other side of the road. I felt mixed emotions, as I saw the petite girl whimpering silently.

One side of me kept telling me to forgive her, to console her, to run up to her who's crying her heart out on the other side of the road and hug her, and tell her that it's all alright, that we can start all over again, that we can just forget about it and move on..

But the other side of me kept screaming even louder, She's at fault, she played with you, she lied to you, her brother ruined you, she might just ruin you too, don't trust her, don't befriend her, her words are just more lies, don't believe her claims...she doesn't love you! She just lying again.

She doesn't love you...

As these words kept ringing in my head, "No" was all I could whisper before I hesitantly made the decision to turn around trying to avoid facing her, and moved forward, farther away from where she was. "PLEASE! Don't go!" She yelled upon seeing my sudden action, and quickly stood up from her place.

Her chocolate colored hair was tangled and messy, and her pale face was wet with tears. You could see the despair growing in her hazel eyes, now slightly red from the uncontrollable crying that took place. But at the moment she didn't care about her appearance, because she began to run in my direction.

"We can start over! I can tell my brother not to hurt you! I have nothing to hide from you anymore!" She tried to cross the busy road and run to where I was.

"Please! Give US another chance! Things were complicated back then! They're alright now , All we have to do is-" But before she could finish her statement a truck dashed right towards her and interrupted her pleading.

And the next thing I saw was her petite body on the ground..surrounded by a pool of crimson blood.