Chapter 45

.

.

-Blue -

.

We sat there, just staring at Harry at the door, like he was the ghost from Christmas Past.

Hannah cleared her throat, the boys looking at her.

"We'll leave you two alone for a bit, yeah?" Zayn nods, the boys smiling at me before they had started to pile out, Harry moving aside so they could go.

He had shut the door behind them, remaining there, his back towards me.

The silence was nearly killing me already.

"So why'd you come here."

He was somehow relieved that I was the first one to talk, as he turned around.

"I wanted to see if you were okay."

"I don't deserve you right now, Harry." I sighed, looking down at my hands. "You know, that you're mad at me, and that I lied to you this whole time. How the hell could you possibly trust me?"

"Blue, I never said I didn't want to talk to you."

"Harry, I'm so sorry.. You know the only reason I ever ended up in prison, was because I quit that contract for you.. I found out, I was actually.. In love with you.'' I bit my lip, tears starting to prick at my eyes again. "It was so stupid of me to do such a horrible thing to you, now that I realized. Now I don't really hate you." I whispered.

"How should I know you.. You won't lie to me again." He replied, his voice hoarse.

"Because I promised one thing to Tyler.. B-before he passed." I sniffled, shakily handing him the letter that he had wrote to me.

Harry looked at me hesitantly.

"Read it." I nodded.

He looks at me before looking down at the letter.

It took him a few moments to read the long letter, as he looked back at me, with tears in his eyes.

"Blue, I'm so sorry he had to go away like this. B-but when he said he wanted you to--"

"He was talking about you." I spoke quietly, looking down at my hands.

There was such a long silence that followed.

"You know, I wanna thank you actually." Harry finally says something, my eyes flickering over to him questioningly.

"Because.. You're my little glint of hope in this hell of a world."

I smiled. "Harry, you know it was such a huge mistake.. I know it. I accept it was so fucking stupid of me to just give into something like that.. Because I know, that you're definitely not someone I despise.. We both tried to force ourselves into thinking such a thought, that we were oblivious to actually.. Being infatuated with each other."

"But I'm in love with you. I can say it all day, Blue. Because I know what's right, and it's you."

My heart fluttered, that familiar feeling once again kicking in.

"I'm sorry." I apologize again, tears welling up in my eyes as he nodded slowly.

"I've made mistakes too. Like, so many. And I'm sorry too." Harry nods.

I bit my lip, motioning a finger. "Come here." I whispered.

He smiled at me sweetly, standing up to lean in, as our lips were so close to touching..

"Guys! They're giving mac and cheese in the cafeteria!" Niall beamed excitedly, the door bursting open as I gasped,  both me and Harry drawing away from each other.