Chapter 02

Today just kept getting weirder. First off, Asuka has a mini meltdown in her room, then a portal opened up during the drop and now the team was seeing a giant mechanical dinosaur. Asuka aimed Unit 02's Pallet Rifle at it, much to Shinji's dismay. A hologram of him appeared in the cockpit, "Asuka...don't."

"Grow a pair, Shinji! We don't know what the hell this thing is!" She yelled back at him. Suddenly, the mecha dinosaur fired missiles at her! Dropping the Pallet Rifle, Asuka raised 02's AT Field, blocking the explosives.

"Whatever it is, it's hostile!" Mari yelled, raising 08's own Pallet Rifle. She fired at the mecha before them, causing it to duck behind the cover of a building. "Wimp." The technical expert scoffed.

"Look out!!!" Shinji yelled, seeing the mecha pop it's head out. It opened it's mouth and shot yellow electricity at 08! With no other alternative, 08 ducked under the bolts, before firing at the attacker's legs. Some of the bullets connected, denting it's leg armor and piercing it's synthetic muscles.

"Gotcha." Mari smiled, adjusting her glasses. Suddenly, Asuka's hologram appeared.

"Mari, give me the Machine Gun!" She yelled. Mari looked at the ruins of one of the Carriers, seeing the rectangular weapon. Running to it, 08 grabbed it and hurled it at 02. It slipped the weapon over it's right arm and aimed at the building the mecha was hiding in. Asuka smirked, before pulling the trigger. Bullets sprayed from the barrels, putting holes in the building. The mecha jumped on top of the building and fired it's Railguns. 02 jumped out of the way, returning fire with its own weapon. Shinji crouched down and fired his Pallet Rifle at the mecha. The combination of both Evas attacks caused the mecha to fall over and crash to the ground. "I'll finish the job." Asuka smirked, before 00 put it's hand out.

"No. We mustn't kill it yet. It could've perceived us as threats and defended it's territory." Rei explained in her usual monotone voice.

"Whatever you say, Ms. Perfect." Asuka scoffed, putting her hands behind her head and relaxing in her seat. 01 walked up to it, holding it's Prog Knife. Shinji looked at the mecha, which roared at him. Activating 01's external speakers, he asked one question.

"What are you?"

TO BE CONTINUED...