Chapter 03

'These things have pilots!?' Ozaki thought, before trying to find the external speakers on Kiryu. Finding them, he held down the button and spoke. "Ozaki Shinichi, pilot of Type-3 Kiryu. If you step out of your mechas and promise not to attack me, I'll come out too." The pilots were probably talking amongst each other for a brief moment. The purple mecha in front of him placed it's knife back into its shoulder plate and kneeled down. A pod emerged from it's neck and it's pilot stepped out.

He was wearing a purple, black and green suit. His hair was brown and short, barely covering his eyes. The other mechas kneeled down too, releasing their own pods, allowing their pilots to walk out. The red mecha's pilot wore a red, black and white suit, with an eyepatch covered her left eye. Her hair was a light brown, almost a dirty blonde. The blue mecha's pilot wore a black, grey and red suit, the red matching her eyes. She had short pale blue hair covering her cheeks. The final pilot wore a pink and white suit, matching her mecha. She had red glasses and brunette hair, with twin tails on the side.

'They're kids?' Ozaki thought to himself, before crawling through the port. The sunlight got caught in his eyes as he climbed on Kiryu's head. The other pilots slid down their mechas, while Ozaki flipped down.

"That was kinda cool." The red suited girl said, crossing her arms. The only male in the group walked up to Ozaki.

"I'm Shinji Ikari, the others are Asuka Shikinami Langley, Rei Ayanami and Mari Makinami Illustrious. Pleasure to meet you, Ozaki." Shinji smiled lightly, putting his hand out. Ozaki shook it, before he pressed something on his ear. Activating his communicator, he spoke into it.

"Ozaki to Captain Gordon, cone in Captain Gordon. I need extra transports for four other mechas, over." After a brief delay, a gruff voice replied to him.

"Copy that Ozaki, I'm mobilizing transport ships to your location. Then we can ask the pilots some questions."

"Captain, they're kids, so don't be too ruff on them." The mutant responded.

"Don't worry, we'll go easy on 'em." Gordan chuckled. Mecha transport ships flew above them, firing their tow cables on Kiryu and the other mechas. Lifting them off the ground, the ship's flew away.

"Where are they taking them!?" Asuka growled, clenching her fists.

"Back to my base. Now do you four just wanna sit out here or are you coming along?" Ozaki replied as a helicopter landed near them.

"I think it's in our best interest to follow him." Rei told the others.

"I gotta agree with her." Mari shrugged her shoulders, smiling.

"Fine." Asuka scoffed, crossing her arms. Shinji turned to Ozaki, giving him the thumbs up. They all walked onboard the helicopter as it took off.

TO BE CONTINUED...