6

Rose looked at me, sweat covering her forehead, "Seriously?" She asked,

"We have to get over this, don't we?" I moved forward. "Let's get some sleep first, we will look after this once we wake up," I said, and she nodded.

"But..." Rose paused and slowly kept a hand on her stomach, "Do you have instant noodles?" I laughed on how nervous she was, and we headed to the kitchen. I handed Rose the packs and kept the water to boil, her hands were shaking as she opened the pack, "Rose?" I called out but she didn't reply, "Rose!"

Her eyes averted to me, "Yeah?" 

"What's wrong?"

She looked behind her and called me close as if she wanted to whisper something, "It is looking at us, from back there in the corner," She whispered,

"What?" I whispered back, she nodded and I glanced over my shoulder, "I don't see anything," I told her, still keeping my voice low. She looked back and now, her hands were cold. "Tell me what you see," I told her, "It's still looking, now...it's smiling...in the most disgusting way ever..."

She paused, "...holy shit, now it's climbing up the wall...it's on the roof now...it's still smiling..."

She stopped, I quickly handed her a glass of water, "Rose, that's enough, here," She took the glass, but she couldn't look away from the ceiling.

"This is wrong," she said, "This is so wrong."

"What?"

"How come I am able to see it and you aren't?" she asked, "It's as if something is keeping you safe,"

"Rose, maybe only you are the one who can unwind things right now, maybe that's why only you are able to see it."

"We should not be doing this game thing alone, we should call people over." She suggested,

"Okay, I'll call Darren, and ask him about Wesker as well,"

She agreed with me. It was definitely something beyond our control, we needed help. Mom kept refusing to step out of her room. I would keep plates of food, and found them finished after I'd come back to check up on her. Seeing her like this breaks my heart, which is why, I wanted everything to be over, as soon as it could possibly be. After Darren and Wesker agreed about coming over in the morning, I turned to Rosa.

"Rose, go be in my room, I'll get you your noodles once they're done." I said in a calm voice, "Trust me, and walk till my room. Relax, you're exhausting yourself." 

She slowly turned around and started walking back to my room. I sighed once I saw her enter my room. This is the longest night of my life. I gulped and looked up at the ceiling, what was it that I couldn't see, but Rose could?

After a while, I poured her noodles with a little soup, in a bowl and headed to my room. The feeling of someone staring from behind, never left. It was constant. I opened my room door and Cookie came running to me and stood at my knees. I handed Rose her noodles and sat on the ground next to Cookie, slowly patting him. 

"I scared you, didn't I?" Rose asked. I pressed my lips, what was I supposed to say? What in this house was not scaring me at this point?

"Is Cookie alright?" She asked, 

"He isn't able to sleep well from yesterday, he hasn't even had enough food." I was really worried, "He has to go, staying here is one of the worst things I could do to him."

"Has to go? Where?"

"One of the boarding homes. Whenever me and Mom used to go for trips, we used to leave Cookie there for a few days and get him back once we were back home. So, till all this subsides, I think Cookie will be happier and healthier there. We can get him back once everything is over."

She nodded, "I agree." After she was done with her noodles, we kept a light on and closed all the windows, drawing all the curtains. Cookie climbed up on the bed and slept next to us. There lies a series of adventure from tomorrow morning, but I'm sure we will get to the end very soon. We have to. Everything close to me is at stake. 

"Wake me up if anything strange happens." I told Rose,

"Sleeping feels so difficult, right now."

***

Share.Vote.Follow? Thanks!