30

I couldn't see a single thing. It was entirely black. After my eyes adjusted in the dark, I saw two figures. They were sitting on two different chairs in front of me. They had little tea cups in their hands. I couldn't recognize them, but I could identify a woman and a man among them.

I continued looking at them. They didn't move an inch. I mean, they didn't even breathe. Just like statues. Suddenly the lights turned on and a little girl came running into the room. She didn't see me. Maybe I was invisible to them or something.

"No!" She screamed at the face of those two people.
"Mom! Dad! You can't leave me! You can't!" She yelled.
"Not like this! This should not end like this! You can not die!" She started to repeated over.

Then she ran out of the room and returned after five minutes with a knife. My eyes widened.

What will she do with a knife?

"Now that I couldn't complete my work, I have no right to live." She talked looking at the dead carcasses.

"Satan! I owe my life to you! I give you my soul. I promise you that my soul will be in your hands. Take my soul, Satan." She summoned Satan and started murmuring something.

The hand holding the knife raised above and she placed the knife on her throat. "Satan...Satan...Satan..." She repeated this and slit her throat.

I saw her body falling on the floor and blood flowing through her body, them turning into something like black ashes. The ashes swirled around and vanished. Vanished in thin air.

What the hell?

Then,I heard someone calling my name repeatedly. I looked around and it was all black again.

My eyes opened.
"Oh, thank goodness you're okay!" Andrew sighed and hugged me.

Was I dreaming? Was this part of the shit dream or vision I saw?

"How long have I been...lying?" I asked. Andrew looked at my mom and he held a worried exprssion.

"For, two hours." He replied.

Two hours? I was passed out for two freaking hours!? No kidding. My holy heavens!

"I...I saw a dream. It was so realisitc. It never seemed as I was dreaming. All the blood, the bodies, that name." I tried to explain.

"What did you see?" Andrew asked me. He helped me sit on the bed. He sat next to me and was waiting for me to reply.

"I saw a girl, she was crying over her parent's death and screaming so loudly. She ran and got herself a knife. She yelled, Satan, and slit her throat. Then her body fell on the ground, all the blood and then, turned into black ashes and then..." My breathing was hard. It was hard for me to breathe and talk at the same time. I was grasping for breath.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Take deep breathes. For now, you're okay. You're safe. And about the dream or vision you saw...we need to talk about that, but, not now. You get some rest." He said.

"Can you, um, stay for awhile?" I asked when I confirmed that my breathing went normal.

"Sure. I'll just freshen up." He said and went into the bathroom.

I looked at Mom. She had a normal face. Like nothing of this happened.

"You saw a woman and a man with little tea cups right? They weren't breathing." She said. My eyes widened in shock.

I never told her that they had tea cups in their hands! How the hell did she know?

"How..." She cut me off between.
"How do I know?" She completed my sentence. I nodded.

"Don't you think that I should remember how me and my parents died?" She said it so simply.

I was left with no words but complete shock. I knew this wasn't my mother. It was someone else. Speaking through her.

"This time, it's not Vega." I heard Alicia behind me.

"If not her, then, who is it?" I asked her silently.

"I don't know, but it's not her. It's something else. It's not a someone." She said.

This is so hard. My mom's soul is surrounded by so many other souls. And I'm afraid, that she couldn't her way back to her body for a little while.

I don't know what else to say. I remain silent. Andrew opened the bathroom door and stepped outside.

"Can we go out for...a little air?" I asked Andrew, in a shaky voice. He knew something was wrong. He nodded and we hurried.

"I need to tell you something." I said as we sat on a bench nearby.
I need to tell him.

Vote. Comment. Follow;)
~Sanchali.