20

"Now what?" I asked Andrew, looking at the closed door of mom's room. I was feeling so bad for her.

"Please remember anything you know. Especially if you can remember that evil spirit's name, it would be bullseye." He said in a serious tone, putting the fire in the fire place.

"She never told me that spirit's name, but yes, she'd tell me that how good friends she and that so called spirit were." I said emphasising on the word friends.

"Oh." Was all he said. "That means, we need search down all her friends list?" I asked him.

"No, we just need to know all her friends who went against her." He said going deep into thoughts.

"Hmm." I said focusing more on my brain to remember any of this.

"I can talk to the church people to consider this problem. Shall I?" He asked getting out his thoughts.

"Yeah, please." I said giving him a thankyou-so-much look.

"No problem. But, Abby? Till this problem gets solved I suggest you stay at a distance from you mother. I know I'm asking for a lot, but it's for your safety." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder, to comfort me. I nodded my head in agreement.

"You trust me?" He asked in the last.
"Yes." I said with innocent eyes.
"Take care." He smiled and went away.

Silence embraced my house. The fire burning the woods, the fan circulating the air, and my breathing. All these sounds could be heard.
What shall I do? Where shall I go? Shall I call Andrew back?

With him, I felt safe. I felt that no one could harm me when he's with me. God, what's happening?
.
.
.
"Abby?" I heard mom call me.
Oh my god, shall I go? But she cannot hurt me, well, she's not she. It's that spirit. It can harm me.

All these talks going inside me made it hard to decide.
"Abby!" She yelled, in an angry tone.

"Y-yes M-mom?" The words tried their best to come out of my frightened self.

"Come here at once!" She said, my legs found it impossible to carry me ahead, but I forced them to.

"C-coming." I said and walked towards her door.
"But, Abby? Till this problem gets solved I suggest you stay at a distance from you mother. I know I'm asking for a lot, but it's for your safety." I remembered Andrew's words. My legs stopped on their own.

Whom shall I listen to? Andrew? Mom? Myself?

That's when the door burst open, and Andrew came in. "No, Abby, don't go!" He said in an alarming tone.
"I SAID TO COME TO ME! THAT MEANS YOU FREAKING FOLLOW MY ORDERS!" My mom burst in and yelled on me with a voice which didn't belong to her.

She held my wrist and started to drag me towards her dark room. "Andrew!" I yelled for help. "Leave her you filthy spirit!" Andrew said pulling me from other side. Now I was in between with my possessed mom and Andrew on either of my shoulders.

"I SAID LEAVE HER!" Andrew shouted, he quickly reached for something inside his pocket, he pulled out a cross. He put that in front of my mom's face, she shouted in a bold manly voice, and ran inside her room.

My wrist turned blue black, and blood oozed out from some parts. I ran towards Andrew and hugged him, I was so scared.
"M-mom...sp-spirit...sh-she..." I tried to explain him everything, but it seemed as if my brain was ordering something and interpreting something else.

"Shh, I know, its okay." He said moving his hand up and down my head, I could here is heart, it was beating pretty fast. He was warm.
"Thanks Andrew." I thanked him, and gave him a you-saved-my-entire-life type smile.

"I talked to Father Jordan. He works in a church. He agreed to have a look at our case, and take into consideration." He said with a welcoming smile.

"That's, that's great. When will he be coming?"

"Tomorrow. Maybe around 5. Where will you sleep till then? Its not safe here."

"Rosa. Rosa's place."

"Yeah, right. You have my number?"

"Yes."

"Don't hesitate to call me if you sense something wrong."

"Sure. Thanks Andrew, it really means a lot to me."

"No problem, Abby."
Saying this he left. I made my way to my room and took some clothes.
To move at rosa's place.
.
.
.
"Oh my hot fudgeballs!" Rose exclaimed.
"When did this shit happen?" She asked.
"Today, just some minutes ago." I replied.

"Are you okay? What happened to your wrist?" She said holding my hand. My wrist had a swelling and was cherry red. Bruises.

"Long story." I said sighing.

I need a break.

Vote
Comment
Follow;)
~Sanchali.