27

"Gee, that sounds so like a perfect horror movie line. How do you come up with that so fast?" I decided to spurt a little sarcasm.

"Well, it's funny, but I'm trying to be serious here." She said in a little rough tone. I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah. Whatever." I said.

Well, what kind of ghost doesn't like sarcasm. Gosh. She's freaking hard to handle.

"Okay, so who trapped them?" I asked, coming to the point.

"Vega." She said in a breath.

Okay, supposedly, this 'vega' is a very vengeful wandering spirit. She haunts every good thing, basically.

"What am I suppose to do?" I asked.
"Save those souls. Including, me." She replied.

"Okay, so you want me to help other souls leaving my mother in this unwell condition of hers? Of course!" I rolled my eyes.

"Your mother is okay. She is just pretending me to be unwell." Is she kidding me?

"Really? Why will she do so?" I folded my arms.
"To distract you." She said.
"Distract me? From what?" I asked, and suddenly we heard a knock on the door.

"It's a long story. I've to go. She's here." She said and rushed. Her tone seemed afraid.
Mom entered my room.

From when did Alicia start fearing my mom? Isn't it supposed to be a vice versa?

"Hey Mom." I greeted her. She smiled.
"Here, I bought some pancakes and honey for you. You must be hungry, aren't you?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. Thanks mom." I said and arranged the plates on the table.
Mom was sitting in front of me, and was staring at me with a blank face.
I did feel a little weird.

"Um, Mom? You want something?" I said finally.
"Yes. I do."
"Okay. What can I do for you?"
"Can you please remove those little cross signs in our house? It's really very annoying." She scrunched up her nose.

"Pardon?"
"I want those little crosses removed by tonight, Abby."
I was shocked.

"But Ma, those are the holy symbols. Father Simon gave us. Don't you remember?" I asked her, forgetting that I had pancakes.

"I know. But now, I'm telling you to remove those. Is it clear?" She asked not leaving my sight.
I nodded.
"Good. No further questions. Enjoy your pancakes sweety." Saying this she went away.

Was this my mom? Was this the woman I knew? She never talked to me so rudely. Why is it that I'm feeling a little odd about her? I need to keep an eye on her. I'm starting to lose my faith in her.

After I was done with my pancakes, I removed those holy crosses.
✳✳✳

The atmosphere in our house is quiet manageable nowadays.
I mean, mom seems normal. Alicia had gone underground and Andrew is busy with his other jobs.

I was walking in the park near my house. It has been weeks for me to stay as normal as I was today. Past few days have been hectic and exhausting for me, as well as my mom.

I saw tulips, roses, both white and pink, and sunflowers in the park, embracing the path. Suddenly, a cool breeze flew past me. And I noticed that there was a paper upside down, in front of me. The first time when I saw that girl, and her drawings cane in my head. That's where it all started.

I picked up the paper. It was a painting of a family of three. All three were women. One of them was short in height and the other two were almost same.
There was a house behind them.
"Its...mine." I heard a small girl behind me.
I turned around. She was cute and constantly kept her head down.
Had blonde hair, and wore a white dress which had a little frill.
"Its pretty." I complimented.

"It is?" Her eyes were blue.
"Yes. By the way, who are these pretty girls in the picture here?" I asked kneeling to her height.

"Oh, its the three woman who live in that house." She said pointing to my house.
"Um, honey, only two woman live there." I told her.

"No. Three woman. One of them has no legs. I wonder why?" She said looking at me. I looks sat the painting, one woman didn't have legs!

"Do you know those women?" I asked, out of the blue.
"Yes. One of them, always sits here with me." When she said this, I had goosebumps all over me.

"Sits with me? Always!?" How can that be freaking possible? I saw this girl for the first time. Mom never stepped out of the house. Then...who?

"Do you know her name?" I asked her politely.
"No." She said, quietly.
"But, I do know, how she looks." She said.
"Okay, can you draw her face? Vaguely?" I asked and she nodded.
We both sat on a bench. She was engrossed in drawings.
After a few minutes she gave me the page.

"Here. That's her." She said handing me the page.
"Okay, let me see." What I saw, made my heart and my soul freeze.

This is not possible. This cannot be possible. This is not and never will be real. No.

It was my mom's painting.

Vote.
Comment.
Follow;)
(P.s. sorry for such a short chap.)
~Sanchali.

)~Sanchali