Chapter 5 - Carpe diem

Chase's POV

It felt like time was not passing. I was in the holding; I couldn't work. Yesterday after sending Aria a message, she didn't reply.

I looked at my watch; it was 1:30 p.m. I grabbed my phone and left the holding. I went to the university.

Aria and Chloe studied at the same university. They were groupmates. It was their last year and had a couple of months left before graduation.

When I arrived at university, I saw Aria from far away walking. I learned from the driver that he had picked Chloe up. I wanted to talk to her alone. I was going after her.

"Aria!" I called her. She turned around and saw me. But she didn't stop. "Aria, please stop! We need to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you

"I have nothing to say to you. Leave me alone!"

"We have to talk and we will."

I parked my car ahead of her; I got out and approached her. She wanted to go back, but I stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"Let go of me, Chase!"

She wanted to pull away. But I didn't let her.

"No. We will talk."

"I said no. I won't talk to you. You said we needed to forget and I forgot. That's all there is."

"Did you forget that easy?"

"Yes, can it not be?"

"Can it be?" I raised my eyebrow with an arrogant expression.

"Are you kidding me? Enough, Chase. Leave me alone!"

"I won't leave without talking."

"I said no!"

"Then you wanted it."

Immediately, I threw her over my shoulder.

"CHASE, PUT ME DOWN! What are you doing? Everybody is looking at us."

She was hitting my back. I went to the car without saying anything. I opened the passenger door and placed her down.

"You're crazy. Let go of me! I won't go with you." She was punching my chest.

"Get in the car, Aria, without being more disgraced. This conversation will be willingly or forcefully."

"Ughh!" she yelled and got in the car angrily. I closed the door and smiled. I got in the car.

She wasn't looking at me nor talking to me in the car. I stopped the car in front of the cafe.

We walked into the cafe and sat down. A waiter came to take our order.

"I would like a cup of Americano."

"I don't want anything."

"Aria."

"What?"

"Okay." I breathed deeply.

The waiter came back with my coffee.

"Say whatever you want to say," she said. "I don't want to be here another minute."

"I apologize for what I said that morning…" I started but was interrupted by her.

"Don't apologize any longer. Enough! I understand what happened that night…you didn't want it to happen. You said we needed to forget. That's the end of it. You're trying to open this up again and again that I hate myself more. What do you want from me?"

"Please stop and let me finish. I don't know what I feel about you. But I realize I'm feeling something. When I see you, I become a different person. When I am with you, I wish time would stop. I don't know what this is, a passion…or more. But I know one thing, I want you. I just want you to be mine,only mine. I can't promise you a serious relationship. I'm not ready for that. But I want you to be with me. For some moments that we just spend together without thinking about anything, without thinking about the future; just by living the moment. Carpe diem."

"So you're offering me to sleep with you whenever you want?" Aria asked angrily.

"Yes and no, it seems ridiculous, I know. But I'm not just saying that. We can go to a restaurant, watch movies, just live in the moment, without making plans, without thinking about the future."

Aria stood up and grabbed her bag. She screamed, "Don't bother me again!"

She walked away from me. I immediately stood up and went after her. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to me in front of the cafe. I claimed her lips, kissing them passionately. She tried to push me away by hitting my chest. But I pulled her closer to me by putting my hands on her waist. A little later, she responded to my kiss. I pulled my lips back and placed my hands on her cheeks.

"You feel it, too. You can't deny the passion between us. Please, accept to be my girlfriend."

"…No, there is no such thing."

"I won't give up. Think about it. Now come on, I'll drop you off home."

I tried to hold her hand, but she pulled away.

"I don't want to. I'll take a taxi."

"Aria, don't be stubborn."

"I will take a taxi home, Chase."

"Okay," I said. "We will do things your way…for now."

I stopped a taxi and opened the door for her.

"Goodbye, beautiful."

She rolled her eyes; I smiled.

Aria's POV

I still couldn't believe what he said; he offered me to sleep with him.

He was crazy. Jerk. Brat. I was talking to myself. We could watch movies, go to a restaurant. Just sleep with me. I will do whatever you want. I was mimicking his voice in my head.

That idiot,who does he think he is? Ugh! But I was stupid. Why did you respond to his kiss? When I was with him, everything stopped around me. I hated the effect he had on me.