Chapter 21 - Scared

Chase's POV

Nobody could sleep. Everyone was in the living room. My mother placed her hand on my back. I was staring into space. I looked at my mother.

"Coffee?" The housekeeper was standing in front of me. I took a cup and held it in my hand. I rested my elbows on my leg.

In the morning, my mother told me to eat, but I didn't want too

Suddenly, my phone rang; it was Jacob.

"Pick up, Mr. Knight!" the police said immediately. The police were trying to find the location of Jacob all night.

I picked up the phone. "Yes!" I snapped.

"Chase, did you miss me?" he asked, smirking. I clenched my jaw.

"I will kill you with my bare hands."

"Shh, calm down! Be ready at 8.00 p.m today! I will send you the address. Come alone! If you don't, I will kill Aria."

"Alright, I will, just don't hurt her," I pleaded.

It felt like time didn't pass. I told Jacob that I would go alone, but the police and everybody told me it would be a mistake. We couldn't trust him. The police are going to follow me from a distance.

When I received the address, I left right away. After an hour of driving, I arrived. I went out of the car to meet Jacob, who was in front of his car. I noticed that Aria was in the back seat.

"Well, well, well. Look who came to see me! Chase Knight—the great playboy, and businessman. Nice to see you again," he said with sarcasm.

"Where's Aria?"

"I want to see the money first."

"The money is here," I said, holding the bag in my hand higher for him to see. "Not until I see Aria, then I will give you the money."

Jacob ordered the man with him to bring Aria. He dragged Aria out of the car and took the handkerchief away from her mouth. He also untied her hands.

"Chase!"

"Darling, are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Shh. Shut up. Give me the money."

I gave him the bag. Jacob pointed to the man to let her go. Aria ran towards me. We hugged each other tightly.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I was scared to death."

"Shh. There is nothing to be afraid of anymore. I am here." I hugged Aria again. "Let's go."

"Where?" Jacob asked with a smirk. "You didn't think that I was going to let you go, did you?" He started to lift his gun in the air. "I'm going to kill you both."