Chapter 12 - The Reason Why.

The new Story Cover is by the one and only @YaGirlNAY :D They're awesome & I love them! So thank you Nayizzle <3

HAPPY EASTER!!! :D

(Pic of Trey. Video is a must watch.)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12 - The Reason Why.

Destiny.

It was about nine p.m. and I was laying in bed with Tequan and Ne'Vaeh when my iPhone dinged with a new message. Ne'Vaeh was in the middle of Tequan and I, asleep. She was cuddled into my side and I didn't want to wake her knowing that she would never get back to sleep. The room was dark so I couldn't really tell if Tequan was awake or not.

I really needed to take that text. It could be from my email, my professor notifying me of something, or it could be at the hospital I had applied for the spot as a Neonatal assistant. I couldn't actually take care of the children like the head nurse, but I could help the head nurse. I would have to wait until next summer to get my degree. For now, I'm still learning and this is the perfect oppurtunity.

Not wanting to wait any longer, I whispered Tequan's name. I got no reply though. Whether it was because it was too low to hear, or he just wasn't paying attention, was beyond me.

"Tequan." I called a little louder.

He was awake because his head slowly turned towards me, a confused expression on his face. "What?"

"My phone just rang and it might be important but I don't want to wake Ne'Vaeh. Can you pleeeaassee take her to her room?"

He groaned, "Baby, I'm tired! Class was held over today!" He whined.

I pouted, "Please! You know I can never get her to her room without waking her. That's your speciality.  Her room is just around the corner and when you come back, I'll give you one of my infamous massages."

His eyes lit up, "Deal."

He gently scooped Ne'Vaeh into his arms, bridal style, causing her to stir a little. He paused to be sure she wasn't fully awake. When he made sure she wasn't he proceeded to walk towards the door.

"Mmm." A sleepy Ne'Vaeh mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Daddy?"

Tequan smiled down at her, "Yeah, baby, it's me. Shh, go back to sleep."

"Mkay, daddy."

He disappeared through the door, leaving me stunned. If I tried that, she'd never go back to sleep. I'm glad Tequan is in her life.

Remembering my phone, I rolled across the bed and snatched it up eagerly. I was a little disappointed to see it was just Ashley, but I opened the text anyways.

From: Ashleyyy<3

'Sorry if I woke you, but I just wanted to know if you'd be willing to pick out flowers tomorrow?'

I was a little confused by her text. Why would I pick out the flowers? I mean, I don't mind but it's not my wedding and I don't really know what she likes.

To: Ashleyyy<3

'Sure, but not to be rude, why am I doing it? I don't really know what you like.'