Ch.5

*a month later*

*Happy POV*

I'm finally back up to speed and I'm back to my old routine.

Velvet though she can be a bitch she has been taking care of me and she is n-

"Babe have you seen my black shirt?"she yelled from the bathroom.

Yeah so now we are dating and it's what I've always wanted.

"Check the closet,"I respond.

She's definitely a miracle to my life, but she's a handful.

"It's not in there..."she said.

"We are just going to dinner and a movie,"I sighed.

"But I want to look nice,"she said before walking into the room with her pearl white robe on.

"Well you can wear that and stay here."

"No,"she said determined sitting in my lap and crossed her legs," I want to wear my shirt and I want to go out tonight. "

"Fine," I mumbled.

*later that night.

We went and watched a Nicolas Sparks movie, then ate dinner, and then went to a bar. On our way home we talked about us and the club mostly. We stopped at a red light and waited for it to turn green.

"I can't believe that the girl in the movie had gotten mad at him about the photo," she said going on about the movie.

"He should have told the truth from the beginning," I said as the light turned green. I started driving and out of nowhere a truck hit the side of our truck and sent us flipping out of control. I glance over at Velvet mid-flip and she glanced at me then it all went black.

*at the hospital*

I wake up and it takes me a moment to remember everything that happened.

"Where is she?!"I nearly jump out of bed but the nurse lays her hand on my chest.

"Please calm down sir."

"Where is she?!"I try to yell but my voice is nearly gone.

Gemma walks in with her face puff red and tears begging to leave her eyes. I shake my head furiously.

"No!!"the yell actually comes out this time and tears escape my eyes.

"Calm down Hap,"Gemma takes my hand in hers,"it's not your fault. She wants you in her room."

The nurse puts me in a wheel chair and pushes me down to Velvet's room and I sit beside her quietly.

"I love you Happy,"she says barely audible.

"I love you too baby girl. You hang in there everything's going to be okay. "

She kisses my hand,lays down and closes her eyes.

"Bye Happy,"she says.

"Velvet!!" I say feeling tears uncontrollable run down my face and I try to keep screaming,"VELVET!!!"

But she's not responding and the nurse is standing behind me again and she rolls me back to my room.