||1- Beginnings||

Katalina loosed a soft breath, her mix-matched gaze hovering over the couple sitting in front of her

Katalina loosed a soft breath, her mix-matched gaze hovering over the couple sitting in front of her. Her hands were clasped together tightly on her lap and she was trying hard to keep the forced, tight lipped smile on her lips.

"He's the love of my life," the woman drawled, her dyed, beach blonde hair falling into her eyes. It was a rarity to see a native of Washington with that hair that looked as if the sun had bleached it that pale and it be the color they were born with. Then again, Katalina couldn't say much, being that she wasn't a Native of the state herself. 

Kat nodded as if urging the woman to continue.  The woman smiled even more, "we just want to know if we'll get away with eloping."

The question was simple, but aloof and innocent. 

The couple looked to each other for a second.  There was love in their eyes; childish, puppy love.  It was endearing, if not for the fact that Katalina already knew, without even touching them, the answer to their question. 

Questions like these were frustrating, but Katalina would never complain.  She never would—not to the people who would ask if they'd win the lottery or if their summer crush returned their feelings. Katalina was use to the simple, juvenile requests.  People rarely believed that her gift was real—whether they consciously thought it or not. 

But if visiting her gave them reassurance, even for a little bit, she had to be satisfied with that.

"Alright," she chirped, keeping her voice steady, "each of you, give me one of your hands."

Kat lifted her hands onto the table, grabbing ahold of the man's with her left and the woman's with her right. She instructed them through procedure; close their eyes, clear their thoughts, imagine a white veil covering the expanse of their minds.

Katalina felt the effect instantly as a wave of energy pass through their connected palms.  It moved up her arms, up her neck, and her eyes glazed over.

In her mind, Katalina saw two figures.  The couple from the look of them—hands bound together with laced fingers and giddy smiles on their faces.  They were trying their hardest not to laugh from excitement as the snuck towards a white SUV.

As the couple moved closer to the vehicle, another figure inched from the darkness. It was an older man with his arms crossed tightly across his chest. He was much closer to the SUV then the couple was—as if he was waiting for them.

It was the girl's father, Kat realized upon watching the couple stop dead in their tracks. Her father shook his head disapprovingly and motion back towards the house they had just came for. The girl's grip on her boyfriend's hand faltered and her gaze dropped to the floor as she turned from him.

Katalina's eyes widened.  Her hands dropped to the table and her head lolled forward. A soft breath filtered from her lips as she looked back to the couple in front of her.