||2- Green-eyed Stranger||

His blood was everywhere; her hands, her clothes, her carpet, her couch...but the thought of the mess, it did not cross Katalina's mind.  Her priority was assuring that the strange man from which the blood had come from did not die.

Kat had done the best she could to stabilize the stranger with the little she had.  After she had managed to pry his odd armor off and saw the extent of the injury, she cursed. Then, using the limited medical history she possessed, she cleaned, stitched, and dressed the man's laceration.  It had not been deep enough to have hit any vital organs—as far as Kat could tell—but it was deep enough to warrant internal stitching. Katalina had not trusted herself to try and stitch them, so she turned to rummaging through her father's journal with bloodied hands for healing spells.

He was stabilized. At least for now.

That was all she could hope for.

Katalina sat back, leaning against the oak coffee table separating the two couches in her living room. She took a deep breath as her mix-matched eyes began to roam over the stranger.

He wasn't human—she knew that now for sure.  If his pulsing aura had not told her that, his clothes and the energy rolling off of him, the energy she felt in her bones, definitely did. It was not as powerful as it had been before; the overwhelming surge that had casted over her when she had first laid eyes on him. Or rather, what jerked through her when he had looked at her. She remembered the feeling—the strength still radiating from him despite how much of it had diminished.

His aura was a blinding gold—something she had never seen in her entire life.  Yes, she had seen gold auras before and they were definitely rare.  The last time she had seen one even coming close to similar was around a woman claiming she was demi-god of all things—and still, her aura wasn't even close to how bright this stranger's was.

Kat had to remind herself to breathe. To control the chills racing down her spine and the static electric sensation pricking across her skin. She needed something to distract herself as she waited for stranger to awaken—then she could ask just what the hell he was.

And where he had come from.

Kat shook her head, standing from her crouched position. Her long legs ached in protest but she forced herself up. She tried to ignore how weak her knees felt as she crossed over from the living room to the conjoined kitchen. The now tiled floor cold against her bare feet.

The sound of running tap water filled the quiet stillness that had fallen over her apartment. She slipped her hands under the cold stream, rubbing her hands together. Crimson filtered down the drain as the stranger's blood washed away. Her stomach was uneasy.

Once her hands were clean, she turned off the water and grabbed the towel off the counter to dry her hands. When Katalina started turning back to the living room, the hair on the nape of her neck stood on end.

Katalina froze in her tracks.

The stranger was gone.

Blood stained the couch, but its body was nowhere to be found. Kat's lips parted and the towel dropped from her hands. What? She thought. What the hell? Kat took a step into the living room, her eyes wide searching for the man.

Someone came up behind Katalina. A lean, strong arm wrapped tight around her stomach and something cold and metal pressed flush against the tanned skin of her throat. Kat went rigid, gasping in fright. The stranger's breath tanned out like a gust of winter wind against her cheek.

"Where am I?" The question escaped the stranger's throat in a growl. There was power—a wicked authority—to his tone, freezing Kat even more.