➦ Ivar Ragnarsson and the Bastard Offspring ➦

Ivar's sister was a rave ->

Mood Board here: http://threeandthirteen.tumblr.com/post/156904684906/the-reaction-to-ivar-having-a-sister-was

·•● Born out of wedlock of Aslaug and Harbard; Dagmar has alongside ●•·

Ivar, Sigurd, Hvitserk and Ubbe, grown in the village limits of Kattegat

Spared a life by Ragnar, his overall absence is what save the girl's life

Born of royalty and magic, she shares some of her healing nature that

her birth father had. This ability making her invaluable to the crippled

Ivar in childhood as Dagmar has taken upon herself the role of care to

Ivar along side their mother and even past Aslaug's death

Nostril's flared, Ivar's clenched fist made the tendons in his arm jump back to life. Gritting his teeth the youngest son of Ragnar Lothbrok slammed his fist back down on the oaken table.

"I will not sit by like this! Lagertha has murdered our mother in cold blood!" raging Ivar swung his arms across the table knocking each empty mug to the ground, "She deserves to die!"

Sighing softly, Dagmar rose from her seat and began picking up the toppled over mugs, "Ivar..."

"Don't Ivar me!" bull headed the boy glared daggers at his half sister. The calm, placid expression she withheld masking any reaction to Ivar's words or the situation, "I will-!"

"You will do nothing!" snapping back at least to her sibling, Dagmar banged one of the empty steins inches away from her brother, "I will not loose another in this family!"

"Our mother deserves vengeance of that wrench!" striking his palms onto the table Ivar propped himself up and leaned to his sister, "Mother is dead and father-"

"Your father!" a long drawn out exhale until Dagmar let the last bit of her breath out. Slumping over the woman's head hung low and eyes fluttered shut, "...he's not my father...but you are my brother Ivar. I will not loose you for petty vengeance."

Glowering at her with clear beryl eyes, Ivar's intensity unwavering even as Dagmar straightened back up. Clearly pulling back on the tears wanting to break past her eyes.

Clearing her throat Dagmar cast a solem gaze on her brother, "I will not loose you Ivar. You want to put yourself in danger, you'll have to go through me first."

Visibly Ivar relaxed back into his seat but the glaring expression did not change. Composing herself, Dagmar set the mug down with the other empty ones before moving slowly over to her brother. Reaching out she laid a gentle palm on Ivar's shoulder. He didn't flinch as her touch moved across his shoulder, spread her hands over his back before leaning down and wrapping Ivar's shoulders in lanky pale arms.

"...please," muttered into the back of his shoulder, Dagmar buried her face into her brother's back unable to quell the tears any longer, "...just let me grieve Mother's death before I worry about you."

A labored sigh but it slowly escaped Ivar's lips. Extending his right arm up Ivar set his palm against the tops of Dagmar's clasped hands and looked down to his lap, "...I will kill Lagertha, she will face justice."

A low sough and Dagmar slowly rose back up. Letting a hand linger on Ivar's shoulder, the female bit back what tears strained to burst through, "I know Ivar. This I know, but I won't fight it every day. You will always worry me Ivar."

"Dagmar," her voice left his lips quietly while he swiveled around to look up at his sister, "I am a viking, we are vikings. It's in our blood."

Stretching a tentative touch, Dagmar's warm palm caressed her siblings cheek without a word passing between them. Drawing out the long moment, Dagmar leaned down and pressed a tender kiss to her brother's forehead.

"I know this brother. It doesn't stop me from worrying. And won't stop me from fretting over you or trying to keep you as long as I can from seeing mother in Valhalla."