chapter 1

KOLS POV
We finally arrive at New Orleans. Me and Rebekah went away for a while to travel the world together. After hearing about the trouble our brothers were having and hearing hope was in trouble we decided we would come back and help. 

By the time we were almost arriving to New Orleans the trouble had passed and our brothers were able to put an end to their problem, but we still decided to continue to New Orleans to see our beloved family. 

Rebekah insisted on visiting. So i came along as well...just to see the damage..

Ahhh back to the place I dread the most. Bloody New Orleans...I said as me an Rebekah walked into the house. Rebekah looked at me a rolled her eyes. You didn't have to come along if you didn't want to brother. Rebekah said as she went to greet Elijah who was the only one there at the time

Rebekah...Kol..what a surprise. I would have thought you guys would have been half way to Paris or wherever you were traveling next. Elijah said separating himself from Rebekah and coming towards me.

Elijah came up to me and extended his hand, i took his hand and shook it. Elijah pulled me in and we hugged. We separated and he looked at us both. We've missed you both.

Just as i was about to reply with a snarky comment i heard a voice behind me.

Is that uncle Kol and auntie Rebekah? it was a voice of child, a voice familiar yet very unfamiliar. Of course it was Klaus's child. The only child in the Mikaelson family.

I turned around to see hope holding the hand of Hailey, I then hear Rebekah call out to Hope. Hello hope. Come I brought you a gift from one of the cities me and uncle Kol went to visit. Rebekah said in a soft voice as she signaled hope to sit down with her.

Hope hesitated a little as she was a very shy child. Hailey walked her over to Rebekah. Hi Kol. she said to me as she walked by. I smiled my sarcastic smiled, Hailey..hows motherhood?

As Hailey was about to respond, another voice comes from the top of the stairs. Like you really care kol? Jaz said as she walked down the stairs with a smile on her face.

Of course i care! i told her as she went towards Rebekah and hugged her. Ive known you since we were children and human. She told me as she finally made her way towards me.

How was the trip? she said just standing there next to me. What? no hug? i called her out with a cocky smile on my face. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug.

**

(THIS WILL BE HIS MEMORY)

I wake up when the sun was barely coming out. I turn to see my big brother Klaus, he had a bruise on his eye from the night before given to him by father. I get up and walk out to see a new hut set up across ours. A new family? i whispered to myself.

I noticed they were still up and began walking a little more further towards their hut until someone took a hold of my shoulder. My father.

He looked down at me. I see theres a new family in the village, he said looking back up towards the hut. Yes father, i responded back. 

Come back inside, your mother is making something to greet the newcomers. he told me as he let go of me and turned around and began walking towards our hut. I turned back as well and began to walk back.

A few hours passed and my mother finished her cooking. They were planning on inviting the new family to eat. My father saw this as an opportunity to meet the man of the family and see if the man was worthy and willing to fight to protect this land.

We hear a someone call out. The new family. My father let them in. It was David Helm ,a tall and heavy man with a beard, accompanied by his wife Vivian Helm, a brown haired woman with beautiful eyes, and his two children, Rose and Jazmine Helm. 

Rose was a brown haired girl with brown eyes like her father. Jazmine was a petite girl around my age with brown hair as well and beautiful hazel eyes like her mother.

We greeted them and the entire night was full of chatter between the parents. After the meal Vivian helped my mother clean up, as well as Rebekah, Jazmine, and Rose.

After that the Helm family and Mikaelson family became close. Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah, Finn, and me became very close with Jazmine and Rose...especially Jasmine. 

Years later me and Jazmine fell in Love...we were happy together.

**

She pushed me off as i was taking to long to release her from my hug. After what happened with me dying in Mystic Falls and coming back to life only to fall in love with Davina, who just happened to be very close friends with Jaz, She hated being around me.

I can understand, I broke her heart. But I'm trying to move on. Its been 5 years since her death and Im still in..I just wanted a hug from my old partner in crime! Ahh remember all the villages we slaughtered together! i said out loud trying to hide my feelings from myself. i said it in a low voice since Hope was just a few feet away.

Jaz turned to look at me and rolled her eyes. That was before, now I'm just a vampire who wants to move on...from her past. She told me then walked away towards the door.

I guess things have changed...well not so much. i told myself as i look at the bottle of bourbon sitting on the table right next to hope as she colors in her new coloring book and special colored pencils Rebekah brought from a little village in Scotland.

A few hours go by and i was bored. Nik and Freya still weren't  home, Hailey put Hope to bed and left with Elijah in his room to- well do i really need to explain what they are doing, and Rebekah left to visit Marcel. I decided i would leave to go visit the city. I left note behind and left.

An hour later i hear my phone ring. Its Nik. Hello brother. i said as i held up the phone to my ear as i walked into an ally. Little brother, may ask where you have gone? I hope you're not causing any trouble on your first day back? Nik said with a sarcastic tone. I began to reply when someone attacks me from behind.

KOL? KOL? WHATS HAPPENING KOL?! i heard Nik yelling through the phone. Before everything going black.