Chapter 16

Picture of Alex^^^

____________________________________________________________________

THALIA POV

Silence.

That was the only thing that filled the room. 

I don't know why I started off with, I was hired to kill you all., but I did and now here I am, choking on my own words, trying to come up with a decent sentence as everyone in the room either stares at me in shock or stares at me as if at any moment ill pounce on them like a hungry lion.

Finally Kol breaks the silence and I immediately stop trying to speak proper english.

What do you mean hired to kill us all?

I swallowed hard and wiped the sweat that was trickling down my forehead.

W-what I mean is someone came to me and told me to kill you all...

They stayed quiet for another moment, So...you're an assassin? Hayley stands up and crosses her arms.

Well, I guess you could say that. I didn't really know what to say, I know I should say something before anyone gets the wrong idea, but I can't seem to talk. All this nervousness is affecting me.

But then I remember. I care for Jaz, and she's with that Jack guy who may or may not be who I think he is. But I need to be sure, and the only way for me to protect Jaz from him is by getting help from my family.

Finally all the confidence comes back rushing into me.

Let me explain, please. I say with my chin high as I gesture them to the table and chairs.

They all look at each other for a moment, trying to figure out if they should trust me or not. I don't blame them. Kol is the first to begin walking towards a seat and soon the others follow.

Once everyone was sitting, I stood in the front of the table.

I took a deep breath then began:

**FLASHBACK**

I was standing outside the cart waiting for Alex. I was playing around with the necklace I had just boughten. It was a beautiful pendant like the one Alex used to have, but unfortunately lost because of me when we were fighting off some Werewolves in a boat (don't ask...long story).

I felt terrible because he loved that necklace very much. 

I finally hear him coming out of the building with all his yelling.

'Ay Ay Ay! You said nine shillings would be enough!

Well its not! So pay up!

I will not! Do you think I'm made of money?!

I don't care if ye' is or ye' is not made of money! gimme here my ten shillings or be prepared to pay the consequences child!

Oh my gosh. Is he really arguing with the tenant for one extra shilling??

I huff and walk towards the two children who are yelling like if the one extra shilling actually mattered.

You said nine so I shall pay nine! No more and maybe even less! 

I roll my eyes and look inside my bag to find ten shillings while these two buffoons kept bickering.

Finally I find it and hold it out to the lady who's face was getting more and more red by the minute.

And if you-, Alex pauses and looks at me in horror as if I had just done the most horrible thing imaginable.