Chapter Nineteen

Madison's p.o.v »»

"You should put this on! it shows off your legs." Evelyn suggested, throwing a red dress at me. I look at her uninterested, letting the dress she threw at me fall to the floor.

"I'm not wearing that."

Evelyn immediately pouts, "Maddie Moo do it for me." she says using a ridiculous nickname.

I lay on the bed spread out like a star fish, looking at her with complete boredom, "Parties are lame, I already tried going to Jake's once and it's not all that great."

She takes a seat next to me with pleading eyes, "No, you've only been to one party and Jake is an amateur, let me show you something real."

"What are we even going to do? Strut around in   skimpy clothes and talk to boys ?" I ask, playing with a strand of my hair.

She nods as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, "Uh, yeah?"

I sit up quickly looking at her with a serious expression, "Ok, but we're getting Mcdonald's afterwards."

Evelyn's face morphed into disgust, "Ew, yes, we'll get you your McDonald's. Just go get dressed."

I clap happily and grab the red dress off the floor.

"Really? That's all it took for you to go?" Evelyn's voice echoes down the hall into the bathroom.

Evelyn soon joined me in the bathroom wearing a little black dress that hugged her curves perfectly.

"You look amazing!" Evelyn said as we stared at myself in the mirror together. This isn't one of those moments where the girl looks at herself in the mirror and instantly doesn't recognize herself. I still looked the same, but Evelyn was convinced I was a whole other person.

Evelyn grabbed her purse off the counter and said we had to leave.

"Where are your parents?" Evelyn asked as she walked down the staircase.

I locked the front door, before we walked to her car together. "They're usually home at this time, but they've been working a lot lately." I explained, buckling my seat belt.

She nodded understandingly, "My moms a stripper and my dad's a pimp, that's actually how they both met."

I try to hold back my shock to not offend her, but visably fail. She glances at me and scoffs, "Madison, they're both lawyers, you can close your mouth now." She says with a roll of her eyes.

"You joke too much." I commented, looking out the window.

She shrugs, "It's better than being boring."

The car suddenly stops, making me jerk forward in my seat. I screeched, resting a hand over my heart area.

"Sorry, I missed the turn."

"How far is this place anyways?" I ask, playing with the radio.

"It's about 45 minutes away." She says casually.

"We can stop at Mcdonald's on the way?" She suggest looking over at me.

I sigh in annoyance. "Fine."

+++

"I'm gonna go take some shots!" Evelyn screams over the loud pop music, walking over to a boy drinking. I scream at her to not leave me, but she acts like she can't hear me. I look around the room trying to seem interested in the party with a cup in hand. Everybody seems to be having a great time except me.

I know absolutely nobody in Marshall Town.

Wait, I know nobody in Marshall Town. This is perfect. I'm sure everybody here is in their 20's and barely turns on their TV's to watch the news.

Maybe, I could have fun tonight.

After a few drinks in me, I had the courage to go up to people and play beer-pong. Surprisingly, I'm a champion at it with Daniel- a med student.

"We win again!" I scream, watching as one of our competitors drank the strong liquor. The crowd that formed around us cheered as I jumped up and down.

Then, Daniel kissed me.

I was soon yanked away from Daniel's hold by Evelyn, "What are you doing with my ex, Madison?" she screams, slurring on her words, trying to throw punches at me.

"Evelyn? You know Madison?" Daniel says confused, coming in between Evelyn and I.

"I thought I did." Evelyn says angrily before stomping away out of the house.

Daniel tries to ask me what's going on, but I run after Evelyn.

"Evelyn!" I scream after her as she reaches her car.

She turns around sharply.

"I don't want to hear it." Evelyn remarked, slamming her car door.

"You can't leave me! You're my ride." I shouted, tapping the car window with my fist. She lowers the window with hate filled in her eyes, "You better start walking now, or you won't make it back to Reed City by sunrise." She spats, speeding away.

I stand in the middle of the road drunk and scared as her car vanishes from my vision.

I glance at the dark dirt road to my side and sluggishly walk down it, heels in hand.

I should've stayed home tonight.