Chapter Thirty

Madison's p.o.v »»

"People are going to come looking for me!" I yell, thrashing in Luke's hold, as he shoves me into the back of his car with zip ties on my arms and legs.

Luke's throat produces an evil laugh followed by Dr. Sullen and Tessa. "Let's be realistic, Madison," Luke says, sliding into the seat next to me while Tessa and Dr. Sullen ride in the front, "The only person who ever cared about you is dead."

"That's not true." I say with my lip quivering, I knew he was right about that. Tyler was the only person who cared about me. In the short amount of time I got to recuperate our relationship (or whatever it was), I was a lot more vibrant when I was around him; I felt alive even if I was truly dead. But now he was gone, and I was feeling more lost than before.

Luke presses the cool, metal barrel of the pistol against the side of my forehead as the car begins to take transit.

"Where are we going?" I say, attempting to sound strong, but failing.

I hear Tessa groan from the driver's seat, "Can you shut her up, please?" she says with an annoyed voice, grabbing a piece of cloth and rubbing what seems to be chloroform on it. "Here, I don't want to hear that pathetic voice of hers anymore." Tessa says, handing the cloth to Luke.

It seems impossible to get out of the zip ties and Luke's strong hold.

"It's night time, Maddie." he taunts, treating me like a child as he swings the cloth mimicking airplane movements. I guess I didn't know I was as hopeless as I was, until this moment, because instead of fighting it, I choose to give up.

"Here comes the airplane." Luke says to me as if he's feeding a child, before shoving the foul smelling cloth roughly onto my nose and mouth area.

I hold my breath for as long as my poor lungs can go, but it's no use. The moment they pulled me out of the crushed car, I knew I was dead. I am dead all over again. Here in this car, with the people I used to consider friends.

I am gone.

The previous feeling of death begins to creep back into the back of my head, and for once in a long time, I'm ready to go.

There's no struggling. There's no fighting. There's no hope.

I've only ever wanted Tyler, and if that meant I was destined to die tonight at the hands of Luke to join him again on the other side, then so be it.

I inhale the drug that's pressed against my face, beginning to feel my body grow weaker than it already was. My eyes flutter close at the sight of Luke and his evil grin, before slipping away into unconsciousness.

I'm coming Tyler.

~~~~

I wake up tied down to a metal table with a tube injected in my forearm, blood traveling to several test tubes. I glance down at my bare body, barely covered with a thin piece of material on my private areas. This is the first time I notice the spots of black and blue that cover almost every inch of my body.

"Ah, you're awake!" Tessandra squeals, clapping her hands, jumping up and down. I was about to say something, but she shoves a sock in my mouth, preventing me from talking.

"I'm not interested in what you have to say, I just want your blood drained already." Tessa says coldly.

I scan the room for any sign of escape, but there's only one door to enter and exit, and that's guarded by Dr. Sullen. Luke is nowhere to be found, but the door suddenly opens, revealing Lily without a single cut on her body.