Five and A Half

(Amber Skyward's POV)

It's so dark I can barely see a thing. All I can tell is that I'm locked inside a dungeon of some sort. There's a small window somewhere, I can tell, but since I cut off my wings to become a full-time spy and fully blend in, I'm not flying out anytime soon.

I manage to find my cell phone, and unlock it with my fingerprint. Despite also being wingless, I doubt that I'll ever be as smart as any human I'd see on the street, much less the human who invented the phone.

Then again, you might ask, jeez, Amber, why did you cut off your wings? An angel without wings is like a human without legs! Inside the core, within and throughout, I am still the same, I just don't resemble one as much as others do.

One main reason was that I wanted to prove my loyalty to the All-Father. After my death, after a lifetime of service, I'd like the others to remember me as the girl who cut off her wings on behalf of her organization.

The other main reason was that I wanted, and want to learn all about humans. What were their lives like? What were the strange machines they used? What were the strange butterflies I had spied on some humans' noses?

And most importantly of all, were all humans good or evil, or a mix of both? I've heard that a human called Vlad Dracula tortured and killed a lot of humans, but I've also heard that a human named Richard Rescorla had sacrificed his own life to save 2,500. I'm not suicidal, I don't fantasize death, but on the day I leave, I'd like to die in a final duel against the devils. I want to leave a final mark. I want to die saving someone I love, or a stranger with a bright future.

Shoot. The battery in my phone is 1%. I only have one shot at this.

Why, oh why didn't I charge it yesterday?

"The volcanoes of Hell's Gorge have already erupted, and is heading towards the White Woods. Volcanologists have estimated that the volcanoes will wreck havoc for a span of at least another twenty days. Fortunately, though, all nearby towns have evacuated, and we're expecting almost no casualties. Everything is going to be just fine. This is Virginia Hamilton of CNN news," I say, and send the recording to the All-Father, and as many others as I can find, before the screen of my cell phone slowly blacks out.