Truth or Dare ~ 3

"When did you start liking Pauline?" Of course, he could come up with devilish truths, as well. Horace grinned at the grizzled Ranger, who had a death stare, frozen on his face. His wife looked at him, she felt only she could see beneath the shadow of his cowl, and the sweetness behind his bitterness and how his grizzled appearance did nothing to her love for him.

"For a while." Was all he said.

"I thought you were married for a while..." Will muttered, which earned him a glare with a raised eyebrow, a gesture he knew only too well.

"When we met... when I was assigned to Redmont," He added when Horace rolled his eyes and Will drew breath to speak.

"That is a while," Will muttered, it was Halt's turn to roll is eyes.

"He was about twenty," Jasmine added.

"You're making me feel really, really, really old," Pauline leaned her head on his shoulder, holding his arm.

"Legends are like that," Jasmine sighed. "What! You're ten feet tall and five feet wide... that's the legend," Jasmine shrugged with her addition.

"Will, truth or dare." Halt said abruptly.

"Dare."

"I dare you to shoot an arrow at the Ranger assigned to the Topaz Territory." Jasmine was already out the door. Will sighed, and picked up his bow and an arrow from his quiver. They heard the thrum of a bowstring and most of them glared at Halt, who retreated further into his Ranger's hood. Will strode in.

"Done." Was all he said. In a grim tone. His usual gleeful face with almost an ever present grin, was replaced with a straight, hard line of a mouth. He sat down, Halt eyed him and walked with Lief out the door. They re-entered, keeping a straight face.

"Did I have to say, 'Shoot at her but don't be successful,' Will." Halt said angrily, Will exchanging his straight face to a frightened one, then giggled when the door creaked open.