Chapter 3

Perseus had a very long, peaceful, and prosperous reign. Perseus ruled Olympus for a total of 100,000 years.  Zeus had been demanding that Perseus step down and let him be Emperor of Olympus for 1500 years. Each time, Perseus told Zeus no. Zeus would get furious and storm out of the room. Today was The Winter Solstice meeting where anybody could challenge Perseus for The Throne. "Brother, it is time I take my rightful place as Emperor of Olympus. I challenge you to a duel. The winner gets to rule Olympus"Zeus yelled. "And who would support you?"Perseus asked and Zeus looked expectantly at the council. Nobody raised their hands. "I challenge you anyway"Zeus yelled drawing his master lightning bolt. "Very well, brother"Perseus responded and opened his left hand. Nightmare came flying into it. Perseus shrunk to his normal height of 8 feet tall and got off his Throne. Zeus charged at Perseus and sliced downwards. Perseus easily parried Zeus strike but the force of it caused Zeus to fall on the ground. Zeus immediately jumped up and blasted Perseus with electricity. It only gave Perseus more energy. "So you wish to play with powers, little brother"Perseus said as he blasted Zeus back with a tornado made of Fire. Perseus created earthen spikes and launched them at Zeus along with shadow spikes. Zeus blasted them to pieces with lightning and slashed at Perseus. Perseus sidestepped Zeus's attack and kneed Zeus in the stomach so hard Zeus smashed into the ceiling eighty feet above them. Zeus flew back down and blasted Perseus with air and lightning. Perseus waved a hand freezing them in time and redirected it at Zeus. Zeus was thrown into his own throne by the force of the attack. Zeus roared in rage and charged at Perseus. Perseus decided to allow Zeus to win. Perseus let Zeus stab him in the chest. "NOOO"Everybody shouted. Hades, Poseidon, and Hestia got up to attack Zeus but Perseus stopped them. "Do not attack or harm Zeus in any way. Remember my rules. Make sure Zeus does not turn out to be as arrogant and tyrannical as Kronos"Perseus said giving them one last smile before he closed his eyes and faded leaving behind his trusty hammer Nightmare which disappeared in a whirlwind of multicolored light. Zeus dropped his master lightning bolt and fell to his knees sobbing. That day, many gods and goddesses left Olympus and started their own pantheons. They awaited the return of Perseus in 200 years.