c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n

-

"You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want."

-

Draco awoke to the sound of keys jingling. "Im trying to sleep." he groaned, shifting positions on the couch.

"Sorry Draco." Hermione sighed. "I'm needed at the ministry according to Luna." Draco sat up and shielded his eyes as they adjusted to the light. "Looney Lovegood?" he asked.

Hermione gave a small hum as a response as she slipped into her shoes. "When will you be back?"
"A few hours probably." she paused as she put her coat on, "There's some food in the fridge. Knock yourself out."

"Alright, have fun." he said.
Hermione gave him a smile and apparated out of her home.

Draco had only just stood up when he heard a pop. "Did you forget someth- what do you want Weasley?" he asked when he looked up and saw that it wasn't Hermione.

"I need to talk." Ron said, crossing his arms. "You're out of luck Weasley, Hermione just left."

"Actually," he began as he took his shoes off, "I came to talk to you, Malfoy."

"Put those back on. Talk to me about what?" he asked.
"I've been an arse."
"No shit."

Ron didn't say anything but he looked impatient. "I just came here to apologise to you for being a prat. My ex girlfriend is doing you a favour and i should be happy about the fact that it's just that and nothing more."

Draco stifled a laugh at his last sentence but he coughed to cover it up. "All is forgiven Weasley."

Draco didn't really care that much about his old rivals in the first place but he figured that if Ron was fine with him in general, then the Soulmate concept would be easier for Ron to understand.

The two boys stood in a silence that turned slightly awkward when suddenly Harry appeared with a pop.
"Ronald! How many times do i have to tell you not to come here without Hermione's permission!"

Draco crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Harry. He was wearing what seemed to be his pyjamas and his hair was sticking out all over the place.

"Where is Hermione?" Harry asked, finally realising that the only people in the room were him, Ron and Draco.
"Out in the ministry with Looney."
Harry furrowed his eyebrows but said 'oh' when he realised Draco was talking about Luna.

"Well alright, i'll just collect my Weasley and go." he said.
"Really, Mate?" groaned Ron.
"Yes. Now come along Ronald."

Ron gave Draco a weak wave before Harry apparated them both out of Hermione's apartment. "What a pair." the boy muttered before sitting down on the couch.

-

Draco abruptly sat up on the couch and started gasping for air. The TV was playing some old movie in the background even though he couldn't remember turning it on.

He stared at the TV for a few moments before he was interrupted by another wave of pain pounding in his chest.
"What the fuck." he groaned, falling back on the couch.

"Draco, i'm h- oh sweet Merlin."
Draco moaned as he felt a pair of hands grip his shoulders.

"Draco calm down, what happened?"
Suddenly the pain stopped. He sat up and saw Hermione who was kneeling on the floor, still in her coat.