c h a p t e r f o r t y o n e

-

"You deserve to keep the love that you're trying to give to everyone else."

-

All was calm for a good few weeks after that.

Draco wasn't in contact with his parents and instead focused on his missions with the other aurors.
Jamie got caught one night and was sent to Azkaban with a life sentence for his particpation in the dark arts.

Not a lot of people actually deserve to spend the rest of their lives in Azkaban, but him being locked away in a cell meant Hermione didn't have to worry so much over Draco.

Instead, she focused on her job at the Ministry. She decided that once she earned house elves their rights, she woud resign from the job. As much as she liked it, it got kind of boring after a while and she realised it wasn't what she wanted to be doing.

Hermione wasn't sure about what she would do next but she figured she had plenty of time to figure that out.

All was well.

That was, however, until Draco supposedly got very sick.

-

20th of August, 1999
03:17am

-

"It hurts, Hermione." he groaned, shifting positions on her coach. Hermione looked up from her magazine and frowned, "I know, Draco. I know."

"It's affecting you too, isn't it?"
"Blaise gave me some numbing potions, don't worry."

Draco let out another grunt and sat up, crossing his arms. "Where did you say Nurse Zabini went again?"
"St Mungo's to collect your body scans."
"But i don't get it, what's wrong with me?"
"That's what they can't figure out. Your body isn't reacting badly to anything. It hasn't acted normally since the accident with Sectumsempra."
"Ha, you mean when i practically died and came back to life?"

Hermione's head shot up. "That's it." she gasped, scrambling out of the chair. "Hermione? What are you doing?" Draco asked, attempting to stand up. "I-uh Pansy??" she yelled, grabbing the keys to her apartment.

"What?" Pansy replied, coming out from the kitchen. Hermione let out a sigh of relief and threw the keys to her, briefly glancing at Draco. "Keep him here, make sure he doesn't leave." she said, putting her trainers on.

"Oh come on!" Draco moaned, sliding back down the side of the couch. Pansy's gaze flickered between Hermione and Draco, cautiously nodding her head in agreement.

As soon as she agreed, Hermione was gone.

-

"Hello Mrs Malfoy." Hermione smiled, standing at the ornate front door. Narcissa raised her eyebrow and looked the girl up and down, "May i help you, Hermione?"
"I need to find a book from your library as mine isn't big enough."
"Does Draco know you're here?"
"No, and i trust that you won't have a hard time keeping it from him."

Narcissa pursed her lips but reluctantly stepped aside nevertheless.

Hermione ran through the corridors eventually reaching the one with the library at the end of it.

"Come on." she muttered, looking through the shelves. Suddenly, a book fell from a shelf above her head and onto the floor. Hermione jumped slightly, but calmed herself down when she realised it was just a book.

The book she happened to need.

She looked left and right before picking it up and putting it on the big oak desk in the center of the room. The front cover bared the title 'Werewolves' and Hermione held her breath as she turned to the first page which read 'The curse'.

Her eyes scanned the page, reading things she already knew.

She was right. She knew she was right. She just didn't want to admit it.

"You're a clever one, aren't you?" Lucius chuckled, walking into the room. Hermione turned around with her wand in her hand but Lucius simply tsked and shook his head. "No magic here, i'm afraid."

Hermione slowly lowered her wand and tried to swallow the lump in her throat. "Why did you lie?" she whispered, taking a few steps back. The man laughed again and took a step towards her. "It's safer if he doesn't know that he was born with the curse." he said simply.

"But why? Can't you see how much these lies are hurting him?" Hermione asked. She didn't mean to be pushy, she was just curious as to how a father could treat his son so badly.

"It's in his best interests if he doesn't know. It's called a curse for a reason, Granger. It would be bad if it were to be known that we have a werewolf in the family."
"Well you should've thought of that before you hooked up with a werewolf."

Lucius sneered at her and took another step closer. "You've already figured out that he's triggered the curse. I expect you also know he will turn during the next full moon. Which, by the way," he said, glancing up at the ceiling in thought, "is next week."

Tears gathered in the corner of Hermione's eye. "Please just let me tell him. He has the right to know." she whispered, stumbling backwards. Lucius smirked and shook his head, "Consider this a warning, Granger. You know what will happen if he triggers the curse."

Hermione looked up and furrowed her eyebrows, "What?"
"You're dreaming, Granger. I suggest you wake up."
"I'm... dreaming?"
"Wake up, Hermione."

Hermione sat up, gasping for air.

Her eyes darted all across the room but it was too dark for them to settle. "Hermione, Hermione calm down." Draco said. He was sitting on top of her, his hands gripping her arms. She looked down at his hands and then back up at him.

"What happened?" she hoarsely whispered as Draco climbed off of her.
"You were dreaming. A nightmare by the looks of it." he muttered, bringing her body into his arms.

"Your Mother, Draco."
"Narcissa?"
"No."
"Oh. What about her?" he mumbled, running a hand through her hair in an attempt to calm her down.

Hermione shook her head and suffocated herself in the warmth of Draco's arms. "I think she's alive, Draco."
"But Mother said-"
"Your parents lied. You're cursed, Draco. You were born with the curse of the night."

Draco pulled away for a few moments before cracking a smile, "Haha, cute. C'mon Hermione, lets try get some rest, yeah?" Hermione opened her mouth to reply but no sound came out.

"You think this is a joke?" she said eventually.

The poor boy was quite startled by her question and all he managed to reply with was a weak 'No?'

Hermione sighed and layed back down in the sheets, "Can we just talk about this in the morning?"
"Absolutely." he smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead.

-

a/n aRe YOu ConFuSed yEt

lmao idrk where i'm going with this but i lowkey felt like making them related so i could put something like:
"wait... so we're related?"
"oh my god. draco, i had sex with you."
(disclaimer: that specific part hasn't happened yet if you know what i mean but- 😉)

would've been funny as fuck but likE
a big no to incest or whatever tf you would call this

i'll try my best to update as often as possible before i have to go back to school in september but when i do, the posting times will probably go back to the way they were before the summer holidays (a couple of updates a week or something)

idk, we'll see how much homework i get

apart from that, i hope you have/had a great day 💗