c h a p t e r t w e n t y

-

"Sitting next to you doing absolutely nothing, means absolutely everything to me."

-

Hermione lifted Draco's arm as gently as she could and placed it beside his body. She woke up at five thirty am but seeing as she was unable to fall back asleep, Hermione decided to at least see the sun rise.

She swung her legs off of the edge of the bed and silently padded along the corridor into the living room.

Once Hermione successfully made it into the hallway without waking Draco up, she found herself staring at his apartment's door.

It had almost been a month since he told her there was a bug infestation in his apartment and although she rather enjoyed his company, she wasn't sure whether he was lying to her about it or not.

Hermione shrugged it off and made a mental note to ask him about it later.

She walked along the corridor until she reached two glass doors which led out to the balcony. The sun was only just starting to come up but there was still a noticeable amount of cars on the road below her.

Leaning on the balcony barrier fencing, she stared out onto the London skyline.
"Isn't it pretty?" a voice said, suddenly hitting the girl with a great wave of deja-vu.

-

2 years ago

-

Hermione leant on the astronomy tower barrier. She stared ahead of her, watching the bolts of light flicker across the sky. The storm hadn't quite reached Hogwarts yet but the thunder could still be heard.

Hermione liked coming up to the tower. She used her prefect privileges to her advantage and would often venture up for ten minutes or so during her patrol shifts.

Nobody ever came up there. There was an incident or two involving a teacher but since she was perfect prefect Granger, they believed her when she told them she was doing a quick scan of the tower for any wandering students.

Her thoughts went in and out of her head in a flutter. The view was almost always breathtaking; it made it hard to concentrate on stray thoughts.

The sun only just peaked out over the horizon and Hermione knew that she should get back to her common room, but the sight of the dark and obscured clouds was too good to leave.

She didn't even realise she wasn't alone until a voice from behind her said, "Pretty, isn't it?"

Hermione grabbed her wand and turned around, pointing it at the stranger. She muttered lumos and her wand suddenly illuminated Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy? What are you doing here?" she asked, cautiously lowering her wand.
"Same as you." he shrugged. Draco didn't even bother looking at her, he just stared past her head and focused on the sky.

"Being a prefect has its perks, don't you think, Granger?" Draco continued, walking up to the barrier where Hermione previously stood. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, unable to tell whether Draco was being serious or not.

"I suppose so?" she said, taking a step away from Draco. She could swear that she saw a flicker of disappointment in his eyes but she couldn't be sure. It could've been a reflection of the lightning.

"You might have been a prefect last year Malfoy, but i'm pretty sure those 'perks' don't apply to you anymore." Hermione said, raising her eyebrows. Draco simply smirked and tsked, "Have you not heard? I'm part of Umbridge's inquisitorial squad as of today."