Chapter 1: Empress

Standing by the cliff was Empress (Y/n) and her army of soldiers. She gazed by the army down under and was unfazed.

"Shall we go?"

●●●

"Empress (Y/n) of Kou Kingdom, it is a honour for you to be here to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday," A somewhat chubbyman dressed in elaborate robes said politely.

"I am grateful and joyed by your invite, King Il. I graciously thank you for inviting me," A somewhat petite woman wearing a black and red hanfu, with long purple hair replied. "After all, I do like celebrating. Please sent my regards to Princess Yona for her 16th birthday."

"Ah. Yes, I shall. You must be tired. I've prepared a room for you and your servants. Please enjoy your stay," King Il replied with a smile.

The empress bowed as she and her servants followed the servant King Il had assigned to them. (Y/n) had a face of confidence and an aura like fire. Her (e/c) orbs looked around the castle as she strolled down the hallway. She smiled widely and her (e/c) eyes twinkled with amusement as she saw the princess look at her from behind a pillar. (Y/n) sent her gaze at her before the red haired princess quickly turned back. (Y/n) chuckled quietly under her breath before she continued to look straight. The servant stopped in front of a large, red door and bowed, keeping her head down. "Your highness, Empress (Y/n) of Kou Kingdom, we have arrived at your room. Please call me if you are in need of my assistance. I shall go my way." (Y/n) dismissed her with a gesture of a hand as the maid bowed and walked away. Her knight who was walking beside her, opened the door, and closed it as soon as the empress and her one loyal servant went in the room. He then stood by the door, guarding it. The other servants, went to the side of the wall, waiting to receive orders.

(Y/n) sat down in the fancy-looking, red chair and put her elbow on the arm rest as she put her head to rest on the fist she made. She took out her black kunai* and started to twirl it around her finger. "King Il...," (Y/n) started. "I don't like him." The empress threw the kunai at beside the maid's head, who was at the other end of the room. The maid seems unfazed by her empress's action as she pulled the kunai out and returned it to her master.

"Empress (Y/n), please refrain from throwing your kunai," the maid said.

"I'll try not to. King Il is too... submissive. I just want to invade this land and claim it as mine. What a weak King Kouka has. But the Princess has an interesting hair colour," (Y/n) smiled. "King Hiiryu huh. This is interesting. Airi, go get Mamoru. Be on stand by after that."

"As you wish, Empress (Y/n)," Airi replied and bowed. A few moments later, a tall looking man wearing a silver armour and red cape with a sword on his side came in.

"Empress, you called?" Mamoru asked.

"Have you heard what Kouka has prepared for us?" (Y/n) asked.

"King Il has a ceremony prepared for the civilians and you have to be there as the guest of honour. Empress (Y/n), you should start getting ready as the ceremony is going to start in an hour and a half," Mamoru replied.

"Hah. It's going to be boring. Honestly, I'm still not use to this formality and being called Empress. It's all such a pain," (Y/n) sighed. (Y/n) got up and went out the door. "Airi, Cho, help me get dressed." Two maids walked and bowed to (Y/n) as they followed her in. She walked behind a black and red screen to get changed. "Is Princess Yona going to be there?"

"She should be present at the ceremony. It is a ceremony meant to celebrate her 16th birthday," Mamoru replied from the other side of the screen.

"I see.."