Chapter 12: Start

A/n: Haha~ Highly unlikely that the empress (Reader) accepted the marriage proposal. But what if she is just using him? Who knows, only me. There is a reason for this and it's going to make it more interesting.
Do you like....

The  Loyal Protector or

The False Emperor?

Lol.

I'm in love with Ao

You are graced with Ao before reading this story

You are graced with Ao before reading this story. Enjoy!

"Empress, are you sure your going to accept the Emperor of Kou's proposal? Why?" Nonetheless Mamoru was outraged at the (Y/n)'s sudden decision.

(Y/n) sighed and rubbed the temples of her head. "If the unexpected happened, and I do die, then I would rather give Kou to Kouka. By being betrothed to him, it is indirectly saying that Kou and Kouka are the same country. If I do die, then this county will go to Kouka instead of Kai invading the rest. I'm pretty sure Princess Yona would want her rightful throne back. And I do die, at that point, it would be regarded as my last gift to the princess." Her smile was of sadness.

"But what would Princess and her bodyguard think of your decision? It's basically like betraying them in their eyes!"

"I make decisions based on what I think will benefit the majority. It's unfortunate that I won't be able to please them; however, by also being engaged to the Emperor, I can possibly know of his plans that might harm Princess and her group. Hak would probably be infuriated once news gets out, but I have my reasons," the empress laughed dryly.

"(Y/n)! You need to stop sacrificing yourself for others! You don't even remember your life before wandering around aimlessly!" His hands grabbed (Y/n)'s shoulders. She put her hand on one of his arms.

"It's ok. I'm going to delay the marriage as much as possible. I plan on focusing on developing Kou more as well as dong my part as the current Amaterasu. It's ironic how I use people not close to me as stepping stone, but I am putting myself in the position of the Princess's stepping stone without her knowing."

Before Mamoru could speak, a knock on the door was heard. "Empress, visitor Son Hak is present to see you."

"Come in." The door opened and there stood the tall figure. "Do you need anything?"

"We are planning to leave tomorrow," Hak closed the door as the maid left.

"Ah. To find the rest of the dragons," her face rested on her palms.

"I need to talk to you, empress," Hak turned to look towards Mamoru. "Alone."

Taken aback, Mamoru glared at the Thunder Beast. "Very well. Mamoru, please step out."

"Yes empress..." glancing back once more, eyed Hak before leaving the room.

"What is it you want to talk about?"

"I need to ask a favour. I don't want to burden you more than we already do, but, I need your help to distract that man," his eyes glimmered with seriousness.

"Alright," the empress got up and walked closer to Hak. "To tell you the truth, I would be ready doing that before you asked."

Hak thought about it for a moment. Then he came upon realization. "You can't..."

"It accepted it... For now...," (Y/n) turned to look at the window. "My land would go to Kouka in case I do die during my trip to the Kai Empire. Someday, it will belong to the Princess."

"Is it really only for now?" Hak clenched his fists. His voice sounded demanding as it raised a little towards the end.

Noticing his distraught outlook, she placed one of her had on his arm. He noticeably tensed up before relaxing. "It must be outrageous that I, out of all people, is allying to an enemy right? I might break it off once I accomplish what I want. I have no intentions of marrying him anyways. It was a perfect opportunity to play the right cards."

(Y/n) looked up to see Hak's face. (Y/n) can tell he was feeling distraught— a mixed feeling of emotions. Using only one of his hand, Hak pulled the young empress into an embrace. His hands snaked around her waist as he pulled her closer and closer. Like he was about to lose something.

Though shocked at the first few moments, (Y/n) gradually accepted the hug. Her hand gently patted his back as he hurried his head into the crook of her neck. After a few moments, the two pulled away.

"So you are smart enough to understand it from an overall standpoint," (Y/n) teased.

"I'm still angry," he looked away;however, smiling a little. "But after all you did to help us, I can't really be angry at you."

"That's a relief. I don't want to be banned from seeing the person who I am destined to help," the empress smacked Hak's back. "You should go now, Thunder Beast."

Hak nodded. He went towards the door and once again glanced back at the Bloody War Empress. Hak could never know what (Y/n) is thinking of doing. She is not an open book. She is not easy to read. It all makes being with her more interesting...

-

Now in present time, Airi helped her Empress get her silver, shiny armour and battle clothes on. She also styled her hair into a ponytail, which makes battling easier. The day has finally come to determine the fate. The fate of Kou.

Giving Airi one last smile, (Y/n) entered the arena for the fight. Much of it was filled with high Kai officials and royal Kai families. However, there was a little section for the people from Kou. In the middle of the crowd was the Emperor of the Kai Empire himself as well as the Empress and a few Concubines. The Princes and Princesses of Kai sat near them as well.

Finally, her competitor appeared. Of course that person was a male. He was high in height and bulky in muscles. His black hair was neatly kept in a ponytail and he had an armour with Kai's insignia adorned on his body. In his right hand was his sheathed sword.

The judge raised his flag, signalling for the fight to start. Almost immediately, (Y/n) disappeared from sight as she appeared behind the man. Quickly, she kicked him on the back, making him lean forward. Using him as a steeling stone, the empress flipped in the air and pointed her sword down to the enemy. As the sword was about to stab the man, he quickly rolled away in the nick of the time, making the sword bury deep into the concrete.

(Y/n) tried to take out her sword, but it was too stuck for it to budge. So she decided to resort to close combat until she finds the chance to get her sword out. The man charged at her with his sword and swung it violently, but with control. Finding the right chance was one thing, but dodging was another thing. It was bond to tire (Y/n) out.

"Heh. It's nice to see you again. We met on the battle fields," the man said while swing his sword. "I was weak that time and you spared my life, which I'm grateful. But this time... I will finish my job."

"Oh really?" The Bloody War Empress smirked. She jumped towards her sword and the moment he strikes down, (Y/n) dodged. His sword hit her sword with much force, making it fly out of captivity. "Shall we dance?"