Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*AFTER CONCERT*

"HOLY. SHIT. THAT.WAS. AMAZING.!!!" Emma screamed while flailing her arms in the air all the way until we reached my car.

"God I know. We are going to have some serious concert depression after this." I said laughing while entering into the car.

"So what were you going to tell me before?"

Emma totally reminded me of what had happened, I reached into my back pocket searching for the note Demi had given me earlier but it was nowhere to be found. I searched frantically even getting out of the car looking around for any sign of it.

"What are you doing?"

"FUCK! Where is it?!" I slouched into the driver's seat with anger flooding my face.

"What happened?" Emma said curious.

I explained everything that had happened when I went out to go look for a bathroom and how I ran into Demi and she gave me her number, and then how stupid I was for losing the most important piece of paper I have ever received. Slamming the key into the ignition we drove off and for what seemed like forever we finally reached my house.

"I'm sure you'll find it if not what did you really expect to happen? It's not like you guys were going to start dating I mean she's famous. You'll get over it soon don't worry." Emma said breaking the silence as we reached my living room.

I just ignored her and fell down onto the couch. Soon closing my eyes and falling asleep.

*2 WEEKS LATER*

"Are you almost done packing yet?" My dad screamed up at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah I'm coming!" I shouted back.

I lugged my suitcases and boxes down the stairs and at the bottom Emma was waiting for me with sadness in her eyes. I was moving from Alberta, Canada to L.A. because my dad got a job down there and since it was just me and him I had to move with him for a few months. It was going to be hard moving away from my best friend but I am 19 so I am sure I could come and visit. I placed my bags down as my dad took them away and I pulled Emma into a tight hug.

"I'm going to really miss you." I said still hugging her.

"Me too, what am I going to do without you for 4 months?" She said as I heard a crack in her voice.

"It's going to be ok we will face time and talk on the phone and I will for sure come down and visit you as often as I can." I said reassuringly pulling away from her arms.

We said our final goodbyes and my dad and I headed off to the airport.

*5 HOURS LATER*

"Here we are your room is up the stairs to the right" My dad said placing the bags down.

"Holy shit this house is HUGE! You weren't joking." I said while grabbing my bags and running up the stairs.

As I stepped into my room I just stood in the doorway admiring the scene. To the right was a large window with a window seat, my bed was placed at the far wall straight ahead with white Christmas lights on the wall behind it. I also had my own bathroom and little living room along with my own study. This was going to be great. I unpacked all of my stuff and decided to lay down on my bed, I was so tired from flying and packing.

"Now I'm a warrior now I've got thicker skin I'm a warrior I'm stronger than I've ever been..."

"Ugh"

I reached over to my phone to check who was calling but it was an unknown number but I decided to answer it anyways.

"Hello?"

"Hey um is this Skye Taylor?" The anonymous voice asked

"Yeah... Who's asking?"

"Hi it's Natalie, I am Demi Lovato's assistant I'm sure you have heard of me before"

My whole body froze as I tried searching for the right words to say but nothing was coming out.

"Hello? Are you still there?"

"Oh yeah sorry, um why are you calling?" I answered back

"Demi asked some people to find your number. So I had to call a lot of people to finally reach you. Are you still in Canada?"

"Um no I actually recently moved to L.A. today!" I answered back

"Oh wow ok great. Um is it ok if I give Demi your number?"

"Um yeah sure"

"Ok she will be in contact with you soon bye"

"Bye thanks"

What the fuck just happened. I layed back down onto my bed with a huge smile on my face, Emma definitely won't believe me now. After about an hour of fangirling with Emma I decided to go downstairs and grab something to eat.

"Hey Skye how do you like your room?" My dad said while stuffing his mouth with a piece of bread.

"I love it!" I answered back giving him a huge hug.

"So Skye I was wondering if you would want to come to work with me tomorrow?"

My dad worked for the music industry in recording studios. He works with a lot of artists and he is pretty popular that's why I usually had to stay with my grandparents while he traveled back and forth to L.A. and finally I could come and experience it with him.

"Yeah sure that'd be fun!"

I headed back to my room and watched tv for a bit longer before I felt my eye lids getting heavier and heavier, I turned off the tv and fell sleep instantly.

*NEXT DAY*

"Come on Skye I don't want to be late" I heard my dad's voice shout at me while I finished putting on my shoes.

"Coming" I answered back annoyed since we left almost an hour early.

We finally arrived at the studio, I grabbed my phone and headed into the buliding. On the walls there was tons of pictures of all of the artists that had come here to record I had actually met some of them.

"Skye come here let's go to the studio, one of my clients are here" My dad called me over while he walked into the doorway.

I stepped into the doorway and stopped when I saw a petite pink haired girl with her back facing me. She turned around and our eyes met.

"Demi?"

"Skye!" Demi said running over to me her arms wrapping around my body, as I masked in the smell of vanilla.