73

Finally, the last day for seniors came and it was time for me to clear my locker

Finally, the last day for seniors came and it was time for me to clear my locker. I tore off whatever I stuck on the door and tossed it in the trash. Monique walks up to me and leans against the locker next to mine.

"So I heard this rumor while I was at the café with my mom this morning." she says with her arms crossed. I continue cleaning my locker, trying to listen. "About coach Styles."

My eyes shoot to her and I freeze. "Wh-what?"

"Well, the Walkers heard from the Browns who heard-" I stop her from listing every name there was in this town. "He's apparently cheating on his wife because the Petersons said they saw this girl at his house late last night and his wife is still in the hospital. Then I thought about you, but there's no way-" she pauses when she sees me biting my lip. "It was you!"

"Quiet down," I shush her, looking around the hall which was only filled with wandering seniors. "I'm not trying to reveal that it was."

"Hey guys!" Kourtney rushes up to us, breathing heavily. "Did you hear the rumor?"

"Yes, we were just talking about it." Monique shrugs.

"Well, coach Styles has been in office all morning and I seen Leslie come out, crying." she tells us. "The rumor around town has come to school and they think Leslie is the one who was at his house, but it was–" Kourtney points at me. "Rylee, you were-"

Monique and I shush her. "I was just babysitting for him. Nothing happened at his house." I tell half a lie.

"Wait," Monique frowns. "Why would they think it was Leslie?"

"You guys, you will not believe what I just heard." Abby walks up. "Coach Styles is being accused of sexual assault."

"What?" the three of us say in unison.

"Yeah, Leslie came up to me crying." she says, rolling her eyes. "She told principal Parker that it was her at his house last night and she said that they asked her all these questions. She told them coach Styles had been assaulting her all season and threatened to kick her off the team if she ever said anything."

"Okay, that bitch is lying because she lied about being at his house last night." Kourtney says, sounding a bit annoyed. "Rylee-"

Monique interrupts her. "Leslie is really trying to ruin coach Styles' career."

"I know," Abby nods. "I didn't believe anything that came out of her mouth."

"We have to do something because there's no way coach Styles would do that, especially with Leslie. Rylee you need to go in there and tell them that she's lying." Kourtney starts planning. "He's one of the best coaches this school has ever had. We wouldn't have gone to playoffs without him here."