deux

"hi, sir." i said to mr minter at lunch time, as i jogged out onto the pitch.

"oh, hi leah." he smiled and i noticed the dimple in his cheek, "you play football?"

i nodded, looking down to my knee-high socks and boots, "yeah, it's the only sport i'm really any good at." i laughed, "or at least that i actually enjoy playing."

"yeah, football has always been the main sport that i've been interested in." he said with a smirk.

i smiled at him, hearing miss jones, the female football teacher, blow a whistle, calling all of us over, and i jogged away from mr minter.

turning around to look at him, i noticed mr minter's eyes fixed on my butt, most likely because i only had little cycling shorts on, having already lost my other shorts, despite it only being the first day of term.

his eyes met mine and i couldn't help but giggle and playfully raise my eyebrow as he lightly blushed, covering up his embarrassment with a smirk.

"leah, what did i just tell you to do?" miss jones said and i sighed, turning back around to face her.

i discreetly looked to tessa, who was stood next to miss, to see her mouthing to me.

"um, get into partners and do continuous sprints." i said and miss nodded.

"alright, go on, girls." miss said and i gave tessa a grateful look.

after a while, we began to play matches and our team was split in half and mixed with the boys, which meant both mr minter and miss jones were umpiring, and, unsurprisingly, i kept finding myself getting distracted by sir, but i managed to score a goal against harry and tobi, who were defending for the other team.

"leah, do you wanna go grab lunch?" harry called to me once i was changed, and i turned to see him with tobi.

"only if you pay, i mean, i did score a pretty sick goal against the two of you." i laughed and they playfully sighed.

"tessa." i said and she came over, walking with the three of us, "she scored a pretty sick goal too." i winked to tobi, knowing he liked tessa.

as we walked, i noticed mr minter watching us, and he didn't look too happy.

"hi, sir." i called, the other three looking up and waving when they realised who i was talking to.

he smiled and waved, the smile disappearing when harry's arm went around my shoulder, but harry took my attention away from sir as he told me a story of something he did over the holidays.