Erophobia

Erophobia

Noun

The fear of love and everything involved with it.

-

I hadn't rained in awhile, not until now at least. Frank's hands hung loosely at his sides, swaying at the movement of his heavy walking. He didn't mind the rain, not one bit. Gerard didn't mind it much either, matter of fact, he was fascinated by every single droplet of water that fell on the tip of his rosy nose. Their clothes were soaked along with their bags yet they paid no mind to it as the rain continued to fall slowly.

Frank's nose wrinkled as he moved his lips into a smile. He kept glancing over at Gerard every few seconds so he could capture a glimpse of the toothy grin that the boy was showing over and over again. He nudged Gerard's shoulder gently and chuckled, "I spy...something green."

This game had been going on for about thirty minutes now, Frank would spy and Gerard would guess to the best of his ability, he was terrifyingly good at this game and it made Frank feed a tad uneasy. At some point, Gerard had guessed what he was spying before Frank had even finished his whole sentence.

"Grass." Gerard sighed elatedly. His red converse sloshed only slightly against the gravel path they found themselves walking along.

Frank smirked, finally the genius had guessed the wrong thing. "Nope."

"Okay then, the leaves on the trees." Gerard tested again. Frank nodded.

"That one was a little simple."

Gerard shrugged. "Don't make it so simple next time."

"'Kay. I'll try." Frank replied with a breath that was a little less than a sigh, "I got gloves so we can hold hands, by the way. Only if you want, though."

"I do want."

"Good, me too."

It was no mystery that they were exhausted, above and beyond exhausted maybe even. Since now it was around 4pm and they'd left Gerard's house at about 9am, they had been walking nonstop and they hadn't even reached midtown yet. The only thing that mattered to Frank was that they were away from the train stations, far enough that they couldn't be bothered or caught unless approached by an authority. There was no need to worry about that either, back roads and forest trails were a blessing to them in this situation, they couldn't be tracked down. They were pretty sure of that at least.

Gerard's eye were bloodshot and his posture bent, although he wouldn't admit he was tired. Frank knew they would have to stop soon, whenever the rain stopped then so would they. There was no telling how any of their ideas were going to work or where they were going to find shelter. Since they were basically in the middle of the woods, Frank had only suggested finding a tree with good coverage and using the blanket he packed for a tinge of warmth. Gerard didn't object, the plan didn't really matter to him as long as he was in the safety of Frank's hands.

"If we rest tonight then we might be at the edge of our section by morning tomorrow." Frank said.

"That's dangerous, isn't it?"

"Nah," Frank replied, "the outdoor market is there so we should be able to get some stuff that we need. Ya know, comfort food and all."

Gerard looked puzzled, "Frankie, we can't pay for anything. We're kids, we don't have money-"

"Sweetie, I know I'm considered a 'good kid' but that doesn't mean I don't know how to steal money from my fathers bank account." Frank chuckled and wrapped his arm around Gerard's shoulders, bringing him closer.