Chapter 35: Long Live the King Part II

~

The light and joy was killed in a matter of seconds. Shattered easily as glass. Never meant to be mended. It was the darkness that broke through it. And it was the darkness that came out at the other end, unharmed and more hungry for power. This darkness however, can never be defeated. This darkness is not meant to be defeated. This darkness might have lost the battle, but will win the war. 

~

               Slowly, but with ease, Percy Jackson strolled to the centre of the throne room. Every shocked or terrified face he spotted only made his smile grow. Oh, how he loved the nervous silence that filled the enormous room. The grand room that he will reduce to ashes if he had to. And the throne, Zeus' throne, it will be his by dawn. Zeus, who turned white as snow when he saw him, stood at the other end of the room. A glass of red wine in one hand and his thunder bolt, glowing with power, in the other hand. 

               Percy halted a few steps away from Zeus. "I thought it would be disrespectful to not congratulate you for your victory face to face. Therefore, I decided to come here personally." Percy's eyes gleamed with evil and mischief. But something else glowed in them, power and rage. He was holding a blast of power back. This was the calm before the storm. Zeus, whose eyes were wide as the sky, finally spoke. "Y-you were dead. Gone." The king of the gods stuttered. 

               Percy placed his hand on his chest. "Me? Gone? Oh, I see." The lord of Tartarus turned to face Jason who just like his dad, was frozen from fear. "Jason, you didn't tell them? You didn't tell them what actually happened? I'm disappointed in you lightning boy." 

               "Tell us what?" Hera demanded. She stood behind her husband, probably planning to shift away as soon as the fighting started. "So you're telling me that Jason and his friends didn't tell you that they actually locked me up in a box to try to reason with me? Therefore risking everyone's safety. Especially since Jason is too scared to face me?" Percy said. Gasps and curses erupted through the throne room. Everyone's scared shocked faces turned to glares that were directed towards Jason and the others. 

               "Pandora's box!" Athena said as it dawned at her. Her glare shot through Jason. "You mean to tell me that you stole Pandora's box, to reason with that!" She sneered, pointing at Percy. 

               "That? Is that what you're calling your future king Athena?" His eye colour turned darker as it was obvious he was growing restless of being held back. "You don't want to make a bad impression now, do you?" 

               "You're not my king. I will never kneel before you." Athena snapped. 

               "That's what Piper said before she fell to her knees and begged for mercy." Percy said. 

               "I swear Percy, if you harmed her." Jason said, pulling his sword from his belt. Percy turned to face him, eyebrows raised. "What will you do about it, kill me? I can't imagine that, you failed the first time." 

                 He then turned to face the rest of the demigods and gods. His black blood became evident and his black aura spread around him, shielding him. "Listen carefully, all of you. I freed my army and right now they are hidden in every corner in this palace, inside and outside. And those sea creatures I didn't use in the battle," he pointed to the huge pool that laid in the corner of the throne room, "these creatures can appear wherever they want, whenever they want as long as they're in water. This is your chance, kneel and surrender or I'll unleash myself and my army on you and colour this golden throne room, red with your blood. And the gods, you'll end up right beside Ares."