V

Light rested her hand on her palm, ignoring the chattering of her fellow crammers. She couldn't wait to quit cram school once she passes her exams to go to To-oh university. Cram school, in her frank opinion, was a waste of her time. 

But she couldn't just tell her parents: "Well, you know, I know all this stuff since I'm an adult in a teenager's body."

As if that was a conversation she would actually initiate her with her parents. No way.

"Yagami-san?"

Light blinked, glancing sideways to see Kiyomi Takada. "Yes Takada-san?" She offered the girl a polite smile, despite being all to aware of the fact that the cunning brat was spreading stupid rumors about her. 

Not that it bothered Light, but still.

"Considering you're the smartest one here-"

"I wouldn't say that." Light humbly interjected.

In response Kiyomi scowled.

Light's smile twitched. 'What's up with her?'

"You're applying to To-oh, right?"

"Yeah." Light didn't even bother asking how she knew.

"Which is why I want to extend an offer of friendship towards you considering you also don't know anyone there," Takada bluntly said.

'...did she call me friendless?'

Well, the assessment was true, but still...

"I'd be honored Takada-san."

"Kiyomi."

"Excuse me?"

"Call me Kiyomi from now on."

"Ah, of course."

"I'll call you Light then." Kiyomi decided, taking a seat next to her.

"Go ahead," Light sarcastically mumbled under her breath.

She couldn't wait to just go home and sleep. Light wouldn't call herself lazy by any means, but she likes her sleep time. Maybe she'll even watch that crappy love sitcom with Sayu before heading to bed.

Why did Sayu even like Hideki Ryuga?

Light honestly couldn't see the appeal of that brainless actor.

"Hmph," Kiyomi's scoff earned her attention. "They're talking about Kira again."

"Well, he is the elusive killer of the century."

"Oh? You think Kira is male?"

Light shrugged. "Kira could be a woman too for all I know. Doesn't matter."

"I thought you would be interested in the case." Kiyomi noted. "Considering your father is a police and all."

Before Light could respond, the bell rang, signalling that it was time for the crammers to go home.

:::