twelve

"I SWEAR to God, Mrs

"I SWEAR to God, Mrs. K, I never-"

"You know how delicate he is!" Mrs. K snapped, obviously not hearing a word of what Ash was desperately trying to say.

She jerked her son towards the car, and Ash felt the backs of her eyes prick with tears.

She hadn't let go of his hand once on the ride over, letting him ride on the back of her bike, his fingers still clutched in hers even though it was even more dangerous to ride her bike with one hand.

But Ash didn't care, because she had sworn to him she wouldn't let go.

"We were attacked, M-Mrs. K-" Bill tried to say, and she swooped down on him like a vulture on its prey.

"Don't! Don't try and blame anyone else!" She spat at them all, and then shoved Eddie into the car, slamming the door behind him; it was funny. She cared so much for her son's well being but obviously didn't care about the way he was treated by her hands.

Mrs. Kaspbrak dropped her keys in the process, and Beverly bent down to reach them.

"Let me help-"

"Get back!" Mrs. Kaspbrak screeched, and Beverly's hand shot away from the keys as she snatched them from the ground and raised to face her. "Oh, I've heard of you, Ms. Marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son."

"M-Mrs. K-K-" Bill tried again, and she said furiously, "NO! You are all monsters! And Eddie is done with you, do you hear!?"

Ash's eyes went wide as Mrs. Kaspbrak turned her back on them and started towards her car, yanking open the driver's door.

Eddie was crying, and as Mrs. K started the engine he looked up and caught Ash's gaze.

"I'm so sorry." She mouthed, and his entire face softened as tear tracks shone on his cheeks.

Before he could do more than open his mouth, Mrs. K had backed the car from the curb and screeched off; the Losers following in it's wake, standing in the road and watching the car disappear around the corner.

"I saw the well." Bill started, turning to face them. "W-we know where it is, and next time we'll be better prepared."

"No!" Stanley exclaimed, his voice cracking. "No next time, Bill! You're insane!"

Ash felt for Bill, she really did; the loss of his brother was devastating. Yet she agreed with Stanley, he had to learn to move on.

"Why?" Beverly asked, her eyes narrowing in determination. "We all know no one else is going to do anything!"

Ash looked at her tiredly, and exclaimed, "Bev, Eds was nearly killed!"

"And look at this motherfucker!" Richie joined in, sweeping his hand towards Ben. "He's leaking hamburger helper!"

Ash shot Richie a look, which he ignored.

"We can't pretend it's going to go away. Ben, you said it yourself it comes back every 27 years!" Beverly tried to reason with them, but even Ben wasn't on her side this time.

"Fine! I'll be 40 and far away from here!" He looked at her pleadingly. "I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town too."

"Because I want to run towards something! Not away!"

Richie had had enough. "I'm sorry, but who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?"

Beverly glared at him and flashed a middle finger.

"Richie-" Stan started, obviously trying to get him to calm down, but Richie cut across him.

"I'm just saying, let's face facts! Real world- Georgie is dead! At least Ashley accepts it, Bill, why can't you? Stop trying to get us killed too." Richie said.

Ash didn't know why she had felt weird when he had said that sentence, and her brow creased as she tried to figure out why.

Then it hit her like a ton of bricks. Richie hadn't called her Ash.

Richie tried to go to the lawn to pick up his bike, but was stopped by Bill, who glared at him.

"Georgie's not dead." He said, a hard edge to his voice, and Richie narrowed his eyebrows at him.

"You couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself." He said, his teeth gritted and tried to move past Bill again, but Bill wouldn't let him.

"No! T-take it back!" Bill said angrily. "You're scared- and we all are but- take it back!"

He pushed Richie's shoulders, making him stumble, and Ash looked between them nervously, frozen.

Richie immediately shoved Bill back, anger written all over his features, and before Ash knew what was happening, Bill had punched Richie across the face, and he fell to the asphalt.

"Richie, stop!" Ash said, bending down to try and reach him but he jerked out of her grasp.

"Fuck off, Brenner, fuck off!" He snarled and leaped to his feet again, ready to charge Bill.

Before he could however, he was held back by the arms by Stan and Mike.

"You're all just a bunch of Losers!" He screamed, trying to wrestle from their grips. "FUCK OFF!"

Beverly and Ben held back Bill, who was trying to get to Richie too, and Richie shouted, "You're just a bunch of Losers- you're going to get yourselves killed trying to kill the stupid clown-!"

"Stop!" Beverly said loudly. "This is what it wants! It wants to divide us! We were all together when we hurt it. That's why we're still alive!"

"Yeah?" Richie growled, his entire face mutinous. "Well, I plan to keep it that way."

He shook himself off from Stan and Mike, and he didn't look once at Ash, glancing at Bill, his entire voice shaking with anger.

"She could have been killed, Bill! You and you're fucking obsession could have killed her, and if she died, I'd go out of my goddamn mind! So stay the hell away from her and me!"

His voice rang on the last word, and he said lowly, his tone sharp and dangerous, "Try to get her caught up in your obsession bullshit again, I fucking dare you."

And without so much as glancing at Ash, he stormed towards his bike, ramming into Bill on the way.

Bev looked at Ash desperately, who said firmly, "Eddie was the last straw for me. I'm fucking out."

She turned away from them, and saw the rest of the Losers slowly walk away from the pair of them, grabbing their bikes.

Ash rode slowly back to Richie's house, pushing her long hair out of her face as she dropped it into the driveway, opening the door.

"Rich?" She asked cautiously, and saw him in the kitchen.

He stopped for a minute before slamming the refrigerator closed, turning towards her, his face blotchy with anger.

Ash hesitated, and then ventured, "Thank you."

Richie snorted, shaking his head. "Careful, Brenner. Don't wanna let Eddie hear you say that."

And before she could reply, he had turned on his heel, grabbed his package of cigarettes and had walked past her and out the front door, being sure to slam it hard behind him.

drama drama drama and that's not even half of it. ooo things about to get heated. hope you guys enjoyed this update, yall are nowhere near ready for what i have up my sleeve. leave some comments and vote, i love love love seeing them all !!