seventeen

"YOU LITTLE bitch!"

"YOU LITTLE bitch!"

Ash backed away as her mother threateningly held the bottle of beer into the air.

"I fucking told you, that boy is trouble!"

She swiped at her with the bottle, and Ash shrieked, ducking.

"He just needed help with his homework- the teachers are always picking on him for talking in class and give him lines- he just needed help doing the work!" She tried to say, shaking her head frantically as her mother advanced on her again.

"He killed your cousin. He killed her!"

Ash shook her head mutely. "No, Mom, all he needed was help- his parents- they won't help so I just-"

"SHUT UP!" Her mother was too quick for her and the bottle sent a blow down her right shoulder. Ash let out a scream as it shattered, one of the shards of glass slicing her arm and she stumbled backwards, clutching it.

Tears fell from her eyes and clung to her eyelashes. "Stop- mom please!"

"He's a trashmouth- he's bad news- you will not ever be seen with him again!"

Ash squeezed her eyes shut. "He's not a tr-trashmouth."

She gulped, sniffing, and then realized her mother hadn't even heard her. She was already walking away.

"God, Richie, the things I do for you." She mumbled.

"Ash?"

Ashley glanced up at the other Losers, who were standing in the entrance to Neibolt.

Richie took a hesitant step towards her, and she realized she was the only person still standing outside with Stan.

"A-are you coming?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Yeah, just lost in thought I guess." She gave him a meaningful look and his expression changed to recognition.

As she followed him into the house, he reached out and gave her a slight squeeze on the shoulder. "You okay?"

She nodded again, and he let her go, his touch leaving a warmth behind that was quickly evaporated by the iciness of the house.

"Stan?"

Ash turned to see the boy standing at the entrance to the house, looking terrified.

"Stan, we all have to go." Bill said, trying to reason with him. "B-B-Beverly was right. If we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. B-but if we stick together, all of us, we'll win. I promise."

Stan hesitated, and after a moment of the whole group holding their breaths, he stepped into the house too, following after them as they all descended down the steps and faced the well.

✓ | LOSERS CLUB → richie tozier ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara