Chapter 18

"Hell yeah!" River jumps in the air like a 4 year old finding out that he gets to watch cars 2. Wow. This is truly a sight to see.

"Calm down 4 year old River. Don't break the floor with those jumps." I laugh off as I walk out of the bathroom.

I feel like this is surreal. I feel like I'm walking on air about how much this doesn't feel real.

I walk towards the kitchen to continue making the salad for the dinner tonight. When suddenly I could feel River's hands sliding around my waist. I quickly smack his hand making him hiss. He knows I don't like having hands around my waist while I'm doing something. He should seriously know that by now.

"Ems, come on. I wanted to feel the baby." That's when my heart stopped. I quickly dropped the Tomatoes in the salad bowl and walked away into the living room.
I grab my chest in pain. I could feel it overcome me.

This is too much for me to take in. I'm having another child! What if I lose this one too? Maybe I just can't carry a child after the incident. Maybe something went wrong that the doctors didn't know or they didn't tell me? I'm so scared. I care too much for this child and my baby boy.

"Ems!" I could hear River running down the hallway. He was still shirtless and in his sexy glasses. So that was truly no help.

"What do you want?" I plead as I sit down on the couch.

He sits down next to me and pulls me in close towards his chest. I wanted to cry so bad right now. But he wouldn't understand. Or would he?

"Ems, I know it's scary. I know it's even scarier this time after losing our little boy. But, this time no one is trying to kill us. And you have me throughout the entire way." He plants a kiss on my head making me release the tears. He did understand. He knew that this is harder than it seems.

"I love you." I whisper.

He lifts my chin and makes eye contact with me. He smiles lightly and says, "I will always love you Ems."

****

"River come on! We're gonna be late!" I yell as I hear his footsteps running down the hallway.

"Well, I can't help that this salad is the heaviest salad I have ever held!" He says in response making me give daggers at him.

"Well, I would carry the bowl but you said I'm too preggers to be carrying anything heavy!" Now I've made him speechless. He bites his lip and looks over his shoulder.

He walks towards me and plants a small kiss on my lips and walks out the door.
I love this man.

****

"Mom, Dad! Great to see you again!" River says giving his parents a big hug. He gives his mom a kiss on the cheek as I shake his fathers hand.

"Great to see you again Emmer."

"Great to see you as well." I say as I walk over to his mother. His mother has always been very kind to me. She is truly like a second mother to me.

"Oh sweetie pie. I'm so sorry about the accident. And the other drama that followed." I could see tears start to swell in her eyes. Now I was getting tears.

Hormones.

"It's fine. But this isn't a crying fest. It's a dinner." I smile as she gives me a big hug.

Finally River and I have already said hello to my parents and we went ahead and sat down.

I could feel River's hands intertwine with mine as we sat down at the table. I could feel his thumb glide across my palm making me want to blush but we were having a family dinner. I need to toughen up!

"So, do you two have anything to tell us?" My father pleads looking at River And I making me look Down at the ground. River knew that I wanted to tell our families that I'm pregnant. He looked over at me. His big blue eyes were making me smile. He slowly nodded his head and plastered a big smile on his face.

"We're having a baby." I say making all four parents gasp. The ladies were holding on to there husbands shoulders as the men were shaking there heads.

"That cant happen Peanut." I hear my father plead.

"What the fuck?!" River yells making me jump a bit. When he was angry like this he would always cuss and get loud.

"Why can't we have a child?!" River yells even making his own mother jump. She looked shocked as River asked that question.

"Aww honey, they've grown to love each other." I hear my mother tell my father. My father shakes his head as he holds his temples.

"The reason we called this dinner is because you and River have to file a divorce."

🥀💍🥀

HEY GUYS! Sorry this is a short chapter. I will be posting again soon I just wanted to do something quick. Anyways love ya! PEACE!

 Anyways love ya! PEACE!