synopsis

Leela Pendurthi is dog-paddling toward adulthood.

Armed with a useless BS in astrophysics and a pretty decent data plan, the recent college graduate's life might be in shambles, but at least she has plenty of time to browse dank memes. Her half-assed attempts to slay the chaos dragon (and catch the attention of a local, possibly-autistic podiatrist) have been going relatively smoothly (relatively is a key word, here), until her best friend Abby points out that every Buzzfeed quiz they've taken seems to actually do what it claims to do. Guess their names? Check. Tell them their favorite 1D songs? Yup.

When it becomes apparent that they have a chance to glimpse into their futures, one asinine quiz at a time, Leela and Abby embark on a quest to do the impossible: find date-able boys in their Appalachian hometown. While Leela has her cap set on 'emotional stability' and a '401k' and 'dental', Buzzfeed appears to have an entirely different type of guy lined up for her next boyfriend, AND a one-month deadline to meet her soulmate.

But Buzzfeed won't be able to answer Leela's most pressing question: can she date and get dumped by a stoner in time to meet her soulmate in 3 weeks?

There's no way her soulmate is going to be a pothead, right?

Right?