Chapter 4: The Case

Life may not always fall into neat chapters, and you may not always get the satisfying ending you're looking for, but sometimes a good explanation is all the rewrite you need. ~Harlan Coben

Stiles and Spencer walked into the conference room ready to solve the case and get home. Stiles was going to talk to one of the victim's husband's while Spencer went to talk to the parents of another.
~~~
Stiles and Derek stood outside the room and looking in to see a man that was well-dressed with a clean-cut brown hair he was stiff and rigid in his seat. Derek (Morgan) walked in smoothly ready to take control. "Mr. Langany, I'm sorry for your lose, but I'm going to have to ask you a few questions if you could tell us if anything felt off during the days before or after your wife's death? Was anyone following you or your wife? Just anything like that would be helpful."

The man looked up at then with a shaken liked, "I don't think so. Why would someone want to kill my wife?"

Derek looked at the man calmly but sympathetically, "We don't know sir, but we are going to find out and catch this guy."

The man looked up with his red-rimmed eyes and nodded.

Stiles stepped in now and asked, "Please think back now sir, did anything feel out of the ordinary? Did your wife say anything that was unusual?"

The devastated man shook his head, "No, nothing, it was just like any other day! We got up ate then went to work!"

Stiles looked at the man with a soft kind smile, one that people trusted and he asked gently, "It's okay, sir, now if you remember anything please tell me, or if you need anything. You're free to go anytime."

The man relaxed slightly at Stiles non-threatening appearance and soft words. Getting up from the table he walked out still shaken. He paused at the door and asked, "Did you ever find my wife's necklace?"

The men looked at each other unsurely as Stiles asked, "Necklace?"

"Yes, my wife's necklace. It was her great grandmothers she always wore it I would like to give it to my daughter if that's okay?"

"Sir, your wife didn't come back with a necklace, but we will look for it at the crime scene or see if any of the crime scene techs have it. Thank you, sir, you have helped a ton."
                       ~~~

Spencer and Emily stood outside the door to Kay Ryan's parent's room. They were both in their 50th's. Mrs. Ryan had hair that had long grayed at that the temples, but surprisingly the rest of her hair was a bright purple. Her husband had black hair that was thinning out to white. The both of them sat with a lost dazed look in their eyes.

Walking in the big shifted their stare to the agents. Emily immediately moved forward and said, "Mr. and Mrs. Ryan I'm so sorry for your loss. I have to ask you a few questions then your free to go. My name's Agent Prentiss ad my colleague is Doctor Reid. Now, did either of you notice anything unusual about your daughter's behavior the days leading up to or the day of her disappearance?"

The women broke her mindless stare saying, "Nothing was unusual. Everything was like it always was. She went to school then to work before coming home."

"She sounds very driven. What was she studying?"

The man broke his stare this time saying, "To be a pediatrician."

"I'm sure she would have been great, now was she acting unusual or did she say anything about being followed or anyone odd at work? Did she feel she was being watched at all?"

"No, everything was fine. She had bad days but we all do."

Emily nodded and Spencer came forward saying, "If there's anything more you can tell us please now would be the time."

The old women looked up, "She never came back with her earrings. They were a family idea."

Emily took the woman's hand and said, "We'll get them back for you and catch that guy. I promise."

Walking off they made their way back to the others. The two groups shared what they had learned and Derek said, "We got 5 dead bodies and some missing jewelry. He's about to kill again I can feel it."

Hocth came over with the rest of the team and Stiles started, "It looks like he's a collector. I'd say he was around the girls enough to not stick out so he must be local. He's got to be fairly good looking and dresses nice, but not too fancy because that would draw unwanted attention to him. He's living out a fantasy with these girls. Maybe looking for the perfect wife or bride. He keeps them for a while that much is obvious. He might already have another girl so we need to look into missing person's reports or he will be looking for another girl now. He probably lost a wife or girlfriend recently that being the stressor."

Spencer continued on for him, "He doesn't care that if the women are married or not as look as they fit in his fantasy. He's celery eating kills also I would say he's a loner type. No family lives in the woods after all he would have to know the woods but he has good social skills. He only uses them on a must basis although. His fantasy is sexual, but I don't think that's the main idea of it. I think he's keeping them to become his wife but when they react wrong or do something he doesn't like he kills them. He's got to be well built to carry them. Mostly likely in his middle 30's to early 40's. He either works at home or for his own company. He's got a lot of free time to be doing this. He's quiet probably wouldn't have a criminal record if he does it's just for petty stuff from his teen years."

The team smiled at the two of them happy for their friends. Hocth, "Sounds like we got a profile."

Derek walked out to give it to the units. This sure was going to be one hell of a case.