Chapter 10: Memory Lane

Important!
Hey guys... so sorry it has taken me so long to update I have been really down because I was told by a teacher that I trusted to help me that my writing was awful and I should stop. It really got to me. If you can't tell. I'm entering a piece (this is what I asked her help on) into a contest and I would love to have some beta readers if you are willing to help please message me and I will give you the details. ~Cj out

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." – Buddha

It was after Derek had come running in that Stiles grabbed his FBI bulletproof vest and began to strap on his gun. Spencer was fussing over him, but with a sweet and swift kiss on to Spencer's lips the man backed off.

Stiles smiled at his husband gently, "I'll be fine. We will be fine. We'll get through will get the baddies and save a girl like always. Afterwards will get the hell out of here. We'll go home and even celebrate. I'll even buy you a new book."

Spencer let his hands drop from Stiles vest. Stiles grab them gently and after placing a small kiss on each knuckle he began to pull the man to the car.

Stiles was driving for he was the only one that knew how to get around this hell hole. Or at least that's what they told him, but really it was probably so that he would have something to focus on other than the memories.

Today had begun simple enough and now Stiles had sweat gathered on his brow and was gripping the steering wheel with all he had. Driving down the old roads of his youth was not helping either. He saw the playground where he had met Scott and even the sandbox they had often played in as children. He saw the old church where his mother used drag Stiles and his father to every Sunday after making them dress in there finest clothing.

On the left was his old favorite dinner that ironically looked like it had changed after all these the years. To be honest it probably hadn't.

The old library where one day he wants somehow caught a book on fire although no one knew how.

He drove past Beacon Hills High School and felt himself cringe the memories of a place will forever linger in his mind. From playing lacrosse to sitting in the classrooms for so long each day then there were the times getting in trouble between class.

His heart pounded and he even felt tears in his eyes when he drove past the cemetery his mother laid for the longer part of his life. His mind filled with memories of her.

Stiles tried to pull himself from the past, but in that moment it seemed impossible. His eyes were wide and unfocused as he drove through the memories. Some seemed like memories some from long a long ago past while others felt like they were from yesterday. Stiles grew up in this town, but not only that he learned so much here along with having lost so much more.

Millions of memories flashed through his mind as he drove. Times of happiness and sadness too. Times when things were tough and times with things couldn't have been better. Memories of when he was little to when he was all grown up. As he drove down a road of haunting memories and thoughts Stiles begin to feel a deep sadness grow in his chest.

He had after all this time kind of miss this place. He missed the smells and the hiking trail. Hell, he even misses his old friends. His insides old inside jokes that would forever call him to laughter. He missed the times when things were more simple and everyone could be made happy with a mere joke. Now, there was a killer in his town! Killing his people!

Looking over to Spencer he knew that although he misses this place and his family here most of the time and sometimes even his old friends. He would never ever change a thing. Spencer had become his life along with saving people. He had amazing friends now and deep in his heart of pure gold he knew that he could never go back to things were before.
This was his life for better or for worse and it was one that he had made for himself. He was now willing to live forever.

Breaking from the memories finally, Stiles punch the gas and maybe even a little smile begin to grow ever so slightly over his face.

They were going to catch this guy and save the girl. There was no doubt in his mind that Derek would kick down the door and they would all storm in guns raised. When they walked out the guy would be in cuffs and not the kinky kind either.

Well at least that's how he hoped it would happen, but nothing ever does go as planned in Beacon Hills. People get hurt and people die in Beacon Hills that's just how it goes. For once in Stiles life he almost found himself begging for things to work out how he wanted.