e l e v e n | l a n a

e l e v e n | l a n a 

"SKYE?"

THE BARREN openness of the ghost town echoes her cry, and Lana's only response is the caw of a crow in the sky above her. She watches it fade into the distance and chews the side of her lip. She has a bad feeling about this place. Why would Skye and the others take her here? Were they even with her? Sudden paranoia sends a chill down her spine, and she crosses her arms, feeling colder than she's ever felt in her life. Where could Skye and the others be?

"Skye!" She stumbles over a pile of broken logs. "Andena!"

She feels even more desperate as she realizes that she doesn't even know where her dragon is. Was she with Skye? Did Andena go off and try to find her? Lana finds her hands shaking and quickly curls them into fists. There's nothing to be afraid of. They'll find her soon enough. Or someone else will.

A board of wood snaps in the distance and her head whips towards that direction, her heart pounding. "Skye?"

"I heard her over here!" a voice shouts suddenly and she freezes. She doesn't recognize that voice. Who else is here?

She listens to her gut, and quickly ducks into the nearest shell of a house. It's just in time, she realizes, as she hears the crunch of footsteps outside the front door seconds after she's hidden. She tries to control her breathing, but it comes out ragged and labored.

Just breath and hold still, She tells herself and notices an opening in the wall in front of her. It looks like a part of the wall had been scorched away by the unknown fire that devoured this whole island, leaving the wooden wall to crumble into pieces. She quickly leaps back from the opening, praying that no one saw her through it.

"Did you find her?"

Someone's footprints join the first one's and Lana freezes, but not completely out of terror. She wants to know who is after her. She wants to know why they are after her. Curiosity wins over her fear, and she looks down at the jagged hole in the wall thoughtfully. Deciding to risk it, she kneels down and pears through the opening tentatively. A young man with olive toned skin and dark hair appears in her line of vision. He is wearing black leather armour from head to toe with two bright silver blades strapped to his back. Her eyes travel to his face, where a permanent scowl seems to reside underneath a stark white scar spanning from his forehead to his lower lip. He appears standoffish with every muscle in his slim body tense, and he tugs at the collar of his armour, revealing another mark on his neck. She squints his eyes and almost falls backwards as she finally makes out what it is. He's a Dragon Rider!

Feeling more bold, she leans closer towards the opening to get a better look when the Dragon Rider turns suddenly as a taller man appears beside him. He's wearing a floor length black cloak with a hood that shields his face from her eyes, and has a hand on the broadsword at his belt. She stares open-mouthed as a dragon makes its way beside the man and her eyes widen as she recognizes the pair. They're the ones who chased them from Orleyn to the cave where she met Andena...