t w e n t y - f o u r | s k y e

t w e n t y - f o u r | s k y e 

AS THE SUN sets in the sky over the glittering ocean, the Dragon Riders around Skye start getting restless

AS THE SUN sets in the sky over the glittering ocean, the Dragon Riders around Skye start getting restless. They've all been waiting for the cover of night to begin their assault on the city of Lyon, and as a result, they've been hiding amongst some rock formation for what seems like hours.

Lyon, unlike many islands, has its central city atop a high hill that makes up the majority of the land. It's a well fortified and desolate fortress that can see anything that approaches its walls from miles away, especially our army of Dragon Riders. Several miles out of the city however, they have hidden amongst a seemingly random formation of rocks that give them the perfect place before our assault.

The setting sun indicates the end of this restless waiting period before their attack.

He looks around, admiring the flock of dragons with their Riders, ready to to take back the great city of Lyon. All their dragons, ranging from colors of gold to green, cling to small flat spaces and cracks alongside the rocky face. It's as if a rainbow of color has been splashed against these normally plain landmarks, making them stand out in a way that only increases their power as they dominate nature.

As he surveys the Riders, he can't help but notice them all staring at him, waiting. They want him to lead them into battle and become the first to break away from the rocky landscape. And after several long hours of flying and waiting, his nerves finally fade away and with a small smile, and he nods to them all. Then, sensing what he's thinking, Firedust jumps away from the rocks, and with a blur of color, the rest of the dragons follow their lead.

They fly forward into the darkening horizon, and as they soar through the air it strikes him how quiet the entire army is. All he can hear is the breeze cutting against the sides of Firedust's wings, and the subtle brush of the wind against his clothes and hair. It's almost eerily quiet, too silent for the battle they are about to enter. The nerves that come with that knowledge only makes the silence more oppressive. Death is on the horizon, yet they all can only think of the element of surprise.

The hues of pale orange and purple coloring the sky quickly fade below the sea, and as they fly, he can no longer see the group of universally colored dragons following his own. they all quickly meld into one color: black. It's as if they are all simply dark shadows moving through the night, unseeable and untouchable. It's the exact disguise he hoped for.

A simple, brunt force attack to every angle of Lyon by sheer size and power of their group of dragons should bring the fortress to its knees, especially with our advantage of surprise. He hopes to avoid a drawn out siege, and find himself conscious about time. There are people all across Maris suffering at the hands of the dragon hunters and Vyanna, all counting on their help for liberation. But he also knows the whole world can't be defeated this quickly, and he can only fear the outcome of a drawn out war, especially with more influence from the Morai.