Chapter 4

Caitlin stepped into a bar, full of drunk bikers. She approached the bartender and ordered a drink. Clutching her drink in hand she eyed the patrons. They were all at least a foot taller than her.
"Hey, missy! I think you're in the wrong place." A gruff looking man approached her and smiled down at her.

"No, I think I'm in the right place, and before you do, I'm warning you to not lay a hand on me. I'm simply here for the drinks." She told him sweetly.

The man laughed at her. "You? You're warning me?" his friends laughed with him, which made Caitlin finish her drink quickly. She placed her empty glass back down on the bar and spoke again. "Yes! I am warning you." She said again.

The man shoved her shoulder back. She shook her head softly and said "I did warn you." She raised her hands and shot ice projectiles throughout the bar, crippling most of the patrons, even some who were not with the man. The man who had tried to intimidate her had been shot backwards to the ground. He pulled out a gun and aimed it at her. Caitlin flung another cold blast at him and the gun was frozen stiff in his hand. He could not move his entire arm.

"I warned you..." she cooed at the man. She skipped her way out of the bar, in a childlike fashion and as she did, she continued to shoot ice bolts all around the bar, unaffected by the damage that she had caused.

Cisco stood frozen in his tracks. "Cisco? Cisco? Is everything ok?" Barry asked him.
"I think I know where Caitlin is." Cisco said softly, trying to make sense of everything that he had just seen. "Where?" Barry asked.

"Don't ask me how I know. I think I just saw her leaving some biker bar on Northpoint..." Cisco told his friend. He realized by the end of the sentence that Barry had already left.

Barry did not need to look far, until he found Caitlin leaving the location that Cisco had mentioned. The sun was setting and she looked as if she was dressed for a night out. Black leather and very skimpy. He wanted to ask her about her drastic change in fashion, but he remembered what his friends had said about Caitlin being an entirely different person.

"Caitlin!" he called out to her. He was in his red suit, so he was a little annoyed when Caitlin called him by name.

"Barry... the dynamic duo sent you to come and save me... Didn't they?" Caitlin asked him sweetly.
"Caitlin, what are you doing? It's not too late to come with me. Ronnie is in an induced coma and he needs you by his side." Barry told her.

This news threw her off guard, but it wasn't enough to win her over. "While the good girl Caitlin would be bawling right now, I'm actually quite relieved." She told him.

She stepped towards Barry slowly, until she was inches away from his face. "This could be good for us, Barry. You with your speed... me with my, newfound self... We could run this world, you and I."

Barry stared at her, wondering what she was getting at. "You, know Barry. When you run, it generates a lot of heat..." she whispered softly to him, "Right now, I am feeling... so cold!"

Before he could react, she kissed him, making him freeze on the spot. A wave of frost that ran from his mouth to his feet trapped him in place, giving her enough time to escape, before he could generate enough heat to free himself.

When he finally came to, she was long gone. "Cisco, I lost her." He communicated via his earpiece, "I'm on my way back.

"I can't believe you lost her. How did that happen?" Cisco asked Barry when he arrived, back to Sutherland Labs. "You're the fastest man alive but you couldn't catch her. What happened?"

Barry didn't want to admit the trickery that their friend had used on him. "She just outsmarted me, that's all. She knew that I was faster than her, so she froze me on the spot. Besides, how did you know where she was? That was more than just some intuitive coincidence."