Chapter 24 - Monkey D Luffy, the Emotion reader

For Boop-Da-Boop. 'My headcanon Luffy is so great at reading body language it's sometimes like he can read minds. Or something like that. I like thinking that even if the slightest thing happened to his Nakama, he'd know something was wrong even if he didn't know what.'

Reviews:
Dogluvva99: on chapter 2, well I was like 13 or 14 when I wrote that so i'm not surprised if that made no sense at all.
Lilmymyshem: Yes, yes she did. (Chapter 5)
NightFreak8828: Well as you can see I am  :P (Chapter 20)
Sakihinata: THANK YOU for the multiple reviews, I hope you are still reading.
Craftyninja011: (Chapter 23) Thank you for putting in your enjoyment in multiple chapters, it makes me happy
LeilaDAsce: Thank you so much B)

---------
It was a calm day on the Thousand Sunny, the strawhats have finally got rid of the persistent marines that were on their tail that morning.

While it was silent on the deck it was peaceful, Luffy felt something was bothering him, maybe not himself but he feels something off about his Namaka.

Because of this Luffy went around his crew members to investigate.

He felt the feeling of sadness much closer than before when he passed his ship's navigator, Nami.

"Hey Nami, is there anything wrong?" Luffy asked with a smile on his face.

Luffy saw Nami stiffen for a bit.

"It's none of your business Luffy," Nami replied a bit hostile.

"Nuh-uh Nami, your mood is bringing down the others on the ship, they might not know it but I can feel it, so tell me captain's order," Luffy said a bit more serious than before but surprisingly quiet so the others won't hear, minus Robin because Robin knows everything.

"Fine but I rather not talk about it in an open space like this, can we wait until the others leave?" Nami asked and Luffy nodded at her request.

---------

"Okay, so what's up with Nami?" Luffy asked.

Nami sighed, "That marine captain we fought reminded me of my mother."

Luffy nodded, he doesn't know much of Nami's past because when he had the chance to learn it from her sister Nojiko two years ago, he just ignored it since it wasn't important in his eyes. Though from what he can assume by the way she talked she can either assume that her mom is not here anymore.

"A marine?" Luffy asked carefully since talking about a loved one can be dangerous if your words aren't picked carefully.

Nami nodded, "My mom was a marine before she died, that's why I hated Arlong so much since it was his fault that she died." Nami said distastefully as her knuckles clenched.

"So when you saw that marine, you started to miss her and that's why you couldn't fight her face to face?" Nami nodded at Luffy's words.

When they were fighting the marines this morning the crew noticed that Nami was a bit shaken when they faced the marine captain.

The crew somewhat yelled at her to get in check and just asked her to fight other enemies while the others faced the captain and her other subordinates.

"I felt weak because I couldn't help you guys fight them, just because she acts like my mother so much from the short time we faced her." Luffy nodded.

"Well I mean I'm pretty sure if anyone had to fight someone that reminded them of someone they loved but lost, I'm pretty sure they would be affected someway."

Nami felt comfort in Luffy words, it was a bit strange seeing him serious like this since it wasn't common at all.

"After all if I had to fight someone that looked or act like Ace...it would be hard for me too," Luffy said sincerely.

"Don't worry about it Nami, after all, we are family here. Someone can help you fight your battles when you need help you know." Luffy smiled.

Nami nodded, Luffy got up and went to make sure the other members are okay.

Even though it was weird to see Luffy like that it was comforting, instantly Nami felt better and started doing her work for the day.

Even though it wasn't a surprise, Nami and the others knew that Luffy was a good emotion reader.

---------

It's a bit short compared to the other chapters but i'm content. I'm glad that I used Nami since I mainly use Zoro, Robin, or Brook in these type of solo request.

Lil Mikey21 YOU ARE UP NEXT

HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT GUYS