To Forget The Past: XX

I opened my eyes, right away already wanting to close them again, and yawned quite loudly. The room was still dark, only the dim light from the TV screen shown the very small amount of things in the hotel room. I sat up, moving my head away from Kane's shoulder, which I found myself waking up leaning against.

My breath got caught in my throat when I processed that I fell asleep on Kane.

  How did I even manage to do that? I literally was like, three feet away from him?

  I moved my body away from his, immediately my skin screamed, missing his warm touch. I squinted my pained eyes at the bright screen, reaching for the remote and turned it off, which darkened the room completely.

  Standing up, I moved my neck, trying to get rid of the painful knot in it from the awkward position I'd fallen asleep on it. Stepping forward, I suddenly rammed my foot into the wooden coffee table, the pain shot through my leg.

  "Shit," I whisper-screamed, slightly stumbling backwards, though caught myself from falling back into the couch, just hoping I didn't wake Kane up.

I stood with my arms slightly out from my sides, making sure I wouldn't loose my balance, as I stumbled through the darkness to the lamp on the bedside table. My eyes slowly started to adjust to the darkness just as I turned on the lamp, immediately regretting that action, and squinting my pained eyes from the sudden light.

I looked away, the small hotel room was lit in a soft orangey glow, it felt comfortable and homey and I would've loved it if it wasn't so freezing.

I held my arms close to my chest as I walked back to the couch, grabbing my phone off the stupid coffee table, I decided to kick minutes before. Turning on my phone, I squinted at the thin numbers on the front broadcasting: 3:19 am.

Happy birthday to me...can it be tomorrow already?

I went to put my phone in the pocket of my sweatpants, forgetting that they had no pockets.

Whyyy?

I sighed slightly, holding my phone in hand, turning to Kane still asleep on the light brown couch. He looked peaceful. His head was gently resting against the side of the soft cushion, arms lied on his lap, as his feet were placed on the ground further away from the couch from his relaxed, laid-back position.

A small, gentle smile tugged at my lips as I turned to go lay on the singular bed, though hesitated from the thought of going back to the couch. I shook my head, dismissing it, and went to pull the sheets up from the bed and curled inside the cold blankets.

~~~~~~

  "Hey, hey, Everest,"

  I kept my eyes closed, "shhh," I shushed out to Kane who woke me up.

  "Guess what?" He spoke out again, though I remained face first in a pillow, the blankets tucked tightly around me.

  "ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!" Kane spoke, quite loudly.

  I'm gonna kill him.

  "Yeah," I muttered, "yay me, I'm eighteen, whooo" I said duly, "Now, shhh"

  "Okay..."

  I sighed happily, adjusting myself in the bed, ready to sleep again, just glad Kane gave up.