To Forget The Past: XXI

"Okay, no. I'm picking the movies today." I said, holding out a flat hand towards Kane, in which he placed the control with a dramatic sigh, only making me roll my eyes.

  It was currently almost midnight—my birthday nearly over, thank god— and after the whole 'Aaron conversation', Kane and I decided to watch a few movies, since tomorrow we'd be driving back to Isaac's place for a bit, then later on, maybe a day or two, heading back home. So, I didn't want to sleep, only spend as much time I have before leaving.

  "Um, excuse me," I glanced at Kane, "What was wrong with my movie choices last night?"

  I brought my eyes back to the tv, "You picked a romance."

  "Yeah, so? I like romances."

  I tilted my head, though I kept my eyes on the screen, scrolling aimlessly through Netflix. "Wait, really?" My voice held surprise, which I just hoped Kane didn't take as judgement.

  "Uh, Y-yeah, they're kinda actually like my-like my favourite genre"

  "Mhm," I definitely didn't think it would be, but who was I to judge, I smiled at books while reading.

  "Do you... want to watch a romance then?" I asked, bringing my eyes to Kane, his green eyes lit from the screen, though he wasn't looking at me, he only stared at the tv, avoiding any eye contact.

  "No, it's okay, you pick the movie."

  I turned my body to Kane, crossing both my legs on the couch, and looked excitedly at him. "Close your eyes."

  He looked taken aback for a second, "Uh, why?"

  I groaned, "Just do it,"

  He raised his eyebrow at me, sighed, then hesitatingly closed both of his eyes.

  I turned back towards the tv and searched up a movie, one that I didn't know Kane would like, but it was one of my favourites, and who cares, he said I could pick a movie anyway.

  "Can I open my eyes now?" Kane asked impatiently, kinda whiny.

  "You're like a child,"

  "You didn't answer the question."

  I rolled my eyes, scrolling over the movie and pressing A. "No, not yet..."

  Suddenly, the speakers started playing the movie, though I told Kane not to open his eyes and asked for him to guess the movie.

  "It's definitely a Disney," he spoke out after the intro to all Disney movies played.

  "Okay, well, duh, but you've got to guess the movie specifically." I looked at Kane, his eyebrows were furrowed and his tongue slightly poked out from his lips, letting me know he was listening.

  The movie started playing, the narrator began talking.

  "Once upon a time, in the hidden part of France, a handsome young prince lived in a beautiful castle."

  "You're kidding me, right?" I looked over at Kane, eyes still closed, though a growing smile itched at his lips. I smiled, waiting for him to guess and to see his reaction.

  Hopefully he likes the movie...

  "Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was..."

  Kane's smile grew while he opened his eyes, which were filled with excitement, "It's Beauty and The Beast!"

  "Damn, I didn't think you'd get it" We talked over the movie, still playing.