Chapter Twenty Five

A burst of lightning shot down from the grey heavens above. Lightning, a bright golden colour with swirling orange within, covered my entire body as it crashed in the ground around me. The lightning cutting through the building where it struck, leaving the rest of it untouched.

I roared as the power flooded through me as my body began to shift into its new form. I felt slightly taller as my body began to become more muscled. The jeans I was wearing now stretched to its limits.

My hair growing till my waist as it changed into a pitch black colour that seemingly failed to reflect any light. My eyes burning hot as they changed to a bright green. Almost shining against the whites of my eyes. Two glowing sets of golden feathery wings sprouted from my back with swirling orange within them. The same colours as the lightning.

The lightning began to die down, but instead of dissipating, it seemed to be absorbed into the wings attached to my back.

Power radiating off of my body in amounts I had never felt before. It matched and then exceeded that of Gabriel before me.

Yet I had not control. I was merely a passenger within my own body.

It has been a long time, Gabriel. The voice said with a voice laden with hundreds like it. Yet this time it held a sense of joy, excitement, eagerness for the what should follow.

It's not possible. Gabriel said softly as he backed away slightly. Fear evident within his eyes. Albeit a small amount, the fear was there. You can't be.

Oh, I can. The being within spoke loudly with a smile on my lips. Rain began to pour from the heavens above, blanketing the ground beneath our feet with a thin layer of water.

A small tug within my soul made me aware of to the fact that he was doing the one thing I had tried to avoid. The one power within me that I could not control. The power within me that was fueled by my anger. The power that could easily grow out of control if I did not focus every single conscious moment on controlling it.

My right arm lifted up with my palm facing down towards the ground. The water beneath my feet began to swirl around me, rising with every rotation, until it rose to the height of my waist. Two meters in diameter, the swirling vortex of water rushed forth like a hurricane bent on destruction.

My eyes lifted from the ground to reach Gabriel's. The water drops in the air stopped and soft turned as an evil smile adorned my lips. The being in control of me was having fun tormenting Gabriel with this prolonged stall. It wanted to push fear into every single crevice within Penelope's body, causing the link between herself and Gabriel to falter. But it never did.

I could feel the wind merging with the water rotating around me, causing it to grow ever more violent.

Michael. Please don't do this. Gabriel begged as he backtracked further.

Sixteen years. I have given everything for you and our family. Given everything to father. Struck down my own brother for him. Michael shouted out in anger as the water rampaging around us grew larger and more widespread. His anger replicating within the water. For sixteen years I have been prisoner within this lesser being. For sixteen years I could not feel my own body. For sixteen years I could not see my brethren. And now you want me to stop. No! I will not stop. It is now my time to be free.

Brother, please stop. You don't have to do this. Gabriel begged further as he held his arms open gesturing goodwill towards Michael. 

Yes I do. The water shot outwards as dozens of swirling water tendrils shot forth towards Gabriel. Michael's anger filling the water and air around me.